Forced Induction Electric Fan Clearance With Vortech S-trim

The problem with the single fan set ups is that in order to move a large volume of air, they have to be thicker than a comparable dual fan set up to get the surface area. This puts the fan motor smack dab in front of the blower pulley.

If my Taurus fan won't work, I can guarantee an even larger Mark VIII fan won't either.

• Sponsors (?)

Coming across a discrepinsy Mike. When I look up "Y2K dual Ramcharger fan" set up, the images I'm getting look like this....

img_1477-jpg.294189.jpg

....but when I look up the Dorman part number you gave me (620-039), this is the image I get.

916Rfn-xPGL._SL1500_.jpg

Obviously, one of these two isn't the Y2K Ramcharger Fan?

After looking up an old thread, it seems that your is either not a Y2K Ramcharger Fan, or Dorman has changed the configuration?
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/electric-fan-cooling-in-hot-texas.766414/

Reactions: 1 user
Coming across a discrepinsy Mike. When I look up "Y2K dual Ramcharger fan" set up, the images I'm getting look like this....

img_1477-jpg.294189.jpg

....but when I look up the Dorman part number you gave me (620-039), this is the image I get.

916Rfn-xPGL._SL1500_.jpg

Obviously, one of these two isn't the Y2K Ramcharger Fan?

After looking up an old thread, it seems that your is either not a Y2K Ramcharger Fan, or Dorman has changed the configuration?
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/electric-fan-cooling-in-hot-texas.766414/
well.. now I am confused as well.. my tuner gave me that part number to get.....:shrug:

Yeah, I think I'm gonna stick with the dual Contour fan. It's proven, it fits the stock Mustang rad well and I'm already familiar with it.

Found another thread where a guy cleared his 10-rib set up with room to spare, so that's good enough for me. :nice:

Yeah, I think I'm gonna stick with the dual Contour fan. It's proven, it fits the stock Mustang rad well and I'm already familiar with it.

Found another thread where a guy cleared his 10-rib set up with room to spare, so that's good enough for me. :nice:
Room to spare is right . I test fitted mine tonight . I should've done this fan to begin with.

@mikestang63 I have what seems like the dumbest question . That puke tank you got - i ordered the same one off eBay just now . What did you do with the second line on the bottom? Just capped it and ran one hose to the filler neck on the radiator ?

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

My El cheapo has a bottom and top line. I ran the bottom line to the radiator and the top hose hangs and will allow an overflow if needed.

Joe

@mikestang63 I have what seems like the dumbest questiion puke tank you got - i ordered the same one off eBay just now . What did you do with the second line on the bottom? Just capped it and ran one hose to the filler neck on the radiator ?

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate
i just put a length of hose on it and let it hang as an overfill , the internal metal line goes up to near the top of the tank .