first post, a few questions.

dirty_canadian

Jul 20, 2006
i just bought a black 2001 mustang gt, 5-speed, with 54k, i bought it from my dads bank and its in mint condition(5200$ haha) but it needs a new clutch so i was wondering what the best aftermarket "street" clutch setup would be? and i really want to delete the spoiler, my gf has a 2002 black mustang that has the spoilerless trunk lid so i was thinking it would be less trouble just to trade trunklids with her(im sure she wouldnt mind having a spoiler), than have the holes filled and painted? also i have the opportunity to pick up a '99 cobra front facia(i like that style a lot and you dont see them done much) and i could get it painted to match and installed but i was wondering if it would be possible to put a mach 1 chin spoiler on a '99 cobra frontend? lastly im wondering how much i would be able to sell the stock bullitt wheels for? and is there any place that i can get c6 corvette wheels to fit a mustang? i really like the gunmetal c6 'vette wheels and i think they would look badass with some 315 series gs-d3's and a drop.

so far i love the car and it gets amazing gas mileage compared to my damn '97 gmc 4x4 on 35's.

**** i almost forgot, i dont really want to go too fast or race the car but im gonna mod it for a little more power, so im first going to remove the air silencer, and then hopefully get some sort of electronic cutout setup, what would be my best way to do this? is there any way i can put a cutout in front of the cats?

im an ls1 guy but i couldnt beat this deal so i jumped on it and im loving it so far.

thanks, kenny.

• Sponsors (?)

dirty_canadian said:
i just bought a black 2001 mustang gt, 5-speed, with 54k, i bought it from my dads bank and its in mint condition(5200$ haha)
Great deal!

dirty_canadian said:
but it needs a new clutch so i was wondering what the best aftermarket "street" clutch setup would be?
Be sure and have it professionally installed unless you really know what you are doing.

dirty_canadian said:
and i really want to delete the spoiler, my gf has a 2002 black mustang that has the spoilerless trunk lid so i was thinking it would be less trouble just to trade trunklids with her(im sure she wouldnt mind having a spoiler), than have the holes filled and painted?
Hell yeah, trade them! If you do not like it switch them back... Lots of people delete or change the spoiler.

dirty_canadian said:
also i have the opportunity to pick up a '99 cobra front facia(i like that style a lot and you dont see them done much) and i could get it painted to match and installed
That will look great :nice:

dirty_canadian said:
but i was wondering if it would be possible to put a mach 1 chin spoiler on a '99 cobra frontend?
Cobras have their own style of chin spoiler, that would probably look better. Not sure about that one :scratch: Maybe someone will post some pics of those setups...

dirty_canadian said:
lastly im wondering how much i would be able to sell the stock bullitt wheels for?
Check eBay

dirty_canadian said:
and is there any place that i can get c6 corvette wheels to fit a mustang? i really like the gunmetal c6 'vette wheels and i think they would look badass with some 315 series gs-d3's and a drop.
Check eBay

dirty_canadian said:
so far i love the car and it gets amazing gas mileage compared to my damn '97 gmc 4x4 on 35's.
Be sure and drive it like you stole it.

dirty_canadian said:
**** i almost forgot, i dont really want to go too fast or race the car but im gonna mod it for a little more power, so im first going to remove the air silencer,
Great idea :nice: makes it sound better also.

dirty_canadian said:
and then hopefully get some sort of electronic cutout setup, what would be my best way to do this? is there any way i can put a cutout in front of the cats?
Yeah you can get an electric cutout with dumps. Sounds like ass :notnice: reduces backpressure makes the car go slower. Overpriced and not recommended by me personally...

dirty_canadian said:
im an ls1 guy but i couldnt beat this deal so i jumped on it and im loving it so far.

thanks, kenny.
Welcome to StangNet Kenny! Let's see some pics of the car and the engine...

my mom and sister are in iowa with our digicam or i would, my camera on my phone took a dump a few weeks ago, lol, i would have bought a new phone but i thought the badass car should come first.

im in beaumont texas btw, if anyone else is from around here.

(1) dont put vette wheels on a mustang :rolleyes:
(2) cut outs sound like ass on mustangs
(3) welcome :nice:
(4) ya, i've seen a mach chin spoiler on a 99 cobra front end before
(5) mpg should be ~18-20 downhill.
(6) just trade decklids...easiest way around having to fill the holes.
(7) stock wheels you can prob. get ~$350-400 (US dollars)
(8) your first mods should be :
4.10 gears, lowering springs, subframe connectors, o/r x or h pipe, catback, shifter. dont waste your money on crappy bolt ons. too expensive and very little gains. do those mods, then go for cams, nitrous, or blower...or all 3 :D

<---Texas :nice:

You got an awesome deal on that car. I agree with not putting Corvette wheels on a Mustang but its your car so if you think it would be cool than do it. I would also start out with some 4.10's, get a King Cobra clutch since you need one anyway( I love mine), Get an X-pipe and a catback exhaust, Short throw shifter( makes it alot more fun to drive).

i guess i'll go for some deepdish gunmetal fr500's then, lol, and i guess cutouts are only a good thing for ls1 cars, i'll probably fab up my own x/H pipe then, i can probably do that ive got the tools, im not doing gears or any extensive engine work yet, just a few basic boltons, i guess this car isnt really gonna be too fast just my dd, ive got my gsxr 750 for fast and truck for everything else.

sometime soon im gonna have to buy a damn house and ive got all these toys to pay for, i guess working 12 hours a day 6 days a week is good for something.

As far as a clutch suggestion, I just had the ford racing heavy duty king cobra clutch installed today by a local shop and its amazing, I love the way the things feels, so much better then stock. It grabs awsome, now for the 500 mile breakin haha