First vids of the Mongoose

AmBo

Feb 3, 2004
New Jersey
Alright here are two vids of the mongoose. Nothing special or out of the ordinary but I know people were interested. :)

Vid from the engine bay with revs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ro-xHZ6sRI
Vid from inside with guages and revs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFEg0CJWQgc

I have yet to put her in boost as I haven't been on the dyno yet. But I already got a compliment after being on the road for 15 minutes:

Guy: Hey man, you got a supercharger under there?!
Me: *Smiles and Nods* :rolleyes:
Guy: :nice: ****in' awesome car bro!

Love it! Can't wait to get her on the dyno, make sure she is safe and then romp on her! :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

BurningRubber said:
Freaking awesome man, glad to see you got it up and running right...:nice:

Make sure its set up right with the tune, and let her rip!!!

I hear the whistle everywhere I go now! It follows me! I can't get enough!!

And I CANNOT wait to get on it a bit!! :hail2:

AmBo said:
I hear the whistle everywhere I go now! It follows me! I can't get enough!!

And I CANNOT wait to get on it a bit!! :hail2:

Yeah my freind has an 04 GT with a Mongoose kit, and every time he starts his damn car I have to walk away cause it makes me a little too jealous...:D

EDIT: Acutally man, I just noticed something... in the interior shot video, it looks like you have zero oil PSI according to the gauge...

BurningRubber said:
EDIT: Acutally man, I just noticed something... in the interior shot video, it looks like you have zero oil PSI according to the gauge...

or 80. :shrug: lol

That was the first startup after the tune. She was running a bit rough actually. Now she starts up and idles beautifully. You'll hear her lug a bit in that vid. But now she's oooootay :D

AmBo said:
OH! you mean the guage on my dash? Yea we unplugged that. The top guage on my a-pillar is my oil guage now. I want an ACCURATE guage, not a dummy guage. :nice:

Aaaah ok, I totally missed that part. Should have taken a 2nd glance before I said something about it...:nice:

nice work bro, as you can see i've chosen to ignore the baby comment! ha ha. Well, in case you didn't get the word, I can't boost untill monday....so i'm limping around. Our cars sound identical...I love the whine! Dyno appt tuesday, how about you?

Rest assured, the tune should be dead on. Infact after my dyno pulls, Tim said I could advance timing 2 degrees to put even more power down, but right now I'm leaving it alone for even more safety.

Ambo, you said that you disconnected the stock oil pressure gauge...is that needed for feedback for the ECU? I would think a zero reading would cause a CEL or something like that. At least that would happen with the water temp. gauge because I still need to hook mine up.

DaNd4Speed said:
Rest assured, the tune should be dead on. Infact after my dyno pulls, Tim said I could advance timing 2 degrees to put even more power down, but right now I'm leaving it alone for even more safety.

Ambo, you said that you disconnected the stock oil pressure gauge...is that needed for feedback for the ECU? I would think a zero reading would cause a CEL or something like that. At least that would happen with the water temp. gauge because I still need to hook mine up.

I'm sure the tune is dead on too. Especially considering Tim had to do it TWICE. I'm sure the 2nd time he made sure he nailed it.

As for the oil pressure guage, I drove home about 50 miles yesterday and no CEL. :shrug: