Fox Body Seats Make My Back Hurt

• Sponsors (?)

It was prob some of the best money I've spent on this car . I've never been more comfortable .
Seats are something I've been uber picky about. I like sn seats but that really aren't what I want for this car. I like the old flo fits and 80s recaros but they are too hard to find and run equally ridiculous prices. I'm currently using 300z power seats that are stupid comfy but are a tad too wide and weigh a metric butt ton. The new sve seats look really nice but like all other sve products I think overall quality isn't there. So here we are back to cobras again as probably the best mix of comfort, style, fit, and price. :sigh:

Seats are something I've been uber picky about. I like sn seats but that really aren't what I want for this car. I like the old flo fits and 80s recaros but they are too hard to find and run equally ridiculous prices. I'm currently using 300z power seats that are stupid comfy but are a tad too wide and weigh a metric butt ton. The new sve seats look really nice but like all other sve products I think overall quality isn't there. So here we are back to cobras again as probably the best mix of comfort, style, fit, and price. :sigh:
Did the 300z seats bolt right in or did you have to make them fit? Could you also post a picture of what it looks like?

I had to weld them to fox frames.
2012-04-05_09-05-37_856 (1).jpg

You can tell my car is a true performer since the ashtray doesn't work.

Reactions: 1 users
I put 35th GT seats in mine for while after my stock drivers seat broke, they didn't last long before getting replaced by a set of decent-shape stockers (which are now themselves gangster leaning). Local autocross shop has a Corbeau display setup, and I tried the sports and loved em, but I keep hearing the fabric quality (specifically color fastness) isn't there.

Reactions: 1 user
Hate.....I can only find them for ridiculous prices

just a heads up that you can put new cobra foam and upholstery on any 99-04 seat frame. even a V6. So price out a set of V6 seats, trash the foam and upholstery and see what your favorite parts supplier sells a new set of Cobra bucket foams and upholstery for. Also, we make them w/o the logo as well - which 1) works well for cars that are not in fact cobras 2) lowers the cost w/ the Ford licensing embroidery.

Reactions: 2 users
just a heads up that you can put new cobra foam and upholstery on any 99-04 seat frame. even a V6. So price out a set of V6 seats, trash the foam and upholstery and see what your favorite parts supplier sells a new set of Cobra bucket foams and upholstery for. Also, we make them w/o the logo as well - which 1) works well for cars that are not in fact cobras 2) lowers the cost w/ the Ford licensing embroidery.
Now that's handy info