Frame rails a little off

bnjf

Dec 5, 2011
How do you get the frame rails under the rockers strait after being bent a little? I've seen some totally flat from being put on lifts but mine are just a little bent. What's the most effective method ?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

How do you get the frame rails under the rockers strait after being bent a little? I've seen some totally flat from being put on lifts but mine are just a little bent. What's the most effective method ?

I assume that you are talking about the pinch weld under the rocker. If you are, You'll have to get a pair of channel locks, or vise grips and bend the distorted metal back. Once fairly straight, I use a hammer and dolly to flatten it after that. Be careful w/ the hammer though, it's easy to smack the rocker while wailing away trying to straighten that seam (spoken from experience):shrug:

I assume that you are talking about the pinch weld under the rocker. If you are, You'll have to get a pair of channel locks, or vise grips and bend the distorted metal back. Once fairly straight, I use a hammer and dolly to flatten it after that. Be careful w/ the hammer though, it's easy to smack the rocker while wailing away trying to straighten that seam (spoken from experience):shrug:
Yes Mike, that's what I mean. The pinch weld. Thanks for the suggestions. Ill try to be careful

they make a duckbill vise grip that work great for straightening pinchwelds
51OrXxtsNyL._AA1024_.jpg

Attachments

• 51OrXxtsNyL._AA1024_.jpg
    51OrXxtsNyL._AA1024_.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 78