Freakin' Sore

jikelly

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 9, 2003
Lubbock Tx
So I've been going after the stang like a mad dog this last couple weeks trying to get the body work done so I can shoot it before I leave to get hitched this coming week and boy am I sore.

My arms ache, my back is killing me, my legs are wobley and I'm down right hungry. I know people said that painting a car involved a lot of hard work to get the body straight, but damn I didn't think it would be this hard. Not so much hard as tedious.

I planned on getting up at 7 this morning to work on it some more bfore I had to come into work today, but I was so tired from being ot on it all day yesturday that I decided just to sleep in.

It was probably a good idea since I found myself wanting to let things slide cus I was so worn out. I'll get some more pictures up for you guys. I'm hoping to put on, and take off, my last layer of bondo this afternoon. Then it's clean the gurage and car, and put up masking stuff and plastic for the spray. I hope to get that all done tonight so my roommate can primer it tomorrow.

Wish me luck.

• Sponsors (?)

I feel for ya. I hate working on cars. I only do it to save money, because then I don't have to pay someone else to do it. I'd rather be cruising around in my Stang rather than racking my bones being a contornionist and cracking my knuckles.

I try to avoid deadlines when doing projects like this. It can lead to compromises. A year from now you won't remember the deadline, but if you took a shortcut here and there, you will remember long after you remember why you had the deadline in the first place.

jikelly said:
Yeah you're right. I gave up on getting the stang sprayed before we left for Vegas. I figure it will be there waiting for me when I get back.

Exactly. If you get it done before you leave, it will just sit there while you're on your honeymoon. Better to get it done right, than to have it done quickly for a deadline.

Besides, you don't want to be too tired to do "body work" while you're on your honeymoon! :D :nonono: Sorry, had to be said--my wife is rolling her eyes at me right now.

After 4 years of marriage, though, a word of advice: The bodywork doesn't have to be done before you leave, but make sure the money to do the body work is in a 'safe place' so that you have it when you get back!

My arms are wore out from sanding again and I need your help deciding something.

So I got married in Vegas July 2th. The wedding went off without a hitch at TI chapel, and the honeymoon was freakin awesome!!

So now I'm back home and I've been putting in all my freetime on the stang. I'm hoping to put actual paint, 3K-Blue Glow, on tomorrow morning.

One thing I forgot was to get paint for the hood stripe. I want to do it in white so I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on the color. I may also paint the rear of the car between the taillights the same color. What do you think?

jikelly said:
My arms are wore out from sanding again and I need your help deciding something.

So I got married in Vegas July 2th. The wedding went off without a hitch at TI chapel, and the honeymoon was freakin awesome!!

So now I'm back home and I've been putting in all my freetime on the stang. I'm hoping to put actual paint, 3K-Blue Glow, on tomorrow morning.

One thing I forgot was to get paint for the hood stripe. I want to do it in white so I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on the color. I may also paint the rear of the car between the taillights the same color. What do you think?
Congrats and best wishes on the marriage.

It's hard to comment on which shade of white looks best without seeing the two together.

As far as painting the area between the taillights white, I think it would be a mistake. Paint it blue and if you want to mix things up a bit, get a standard steel tail light finish panel and paint it white. That way you can always change it.

Boy wet sanding is not much easier than dry sanding was. It seems to go a little faster though and I like that there is no dust floating in the air.

I was hoping to do the painting this morning, but I wasn't done sanding and my roomate wanted me to wait so he could spray the car this afternoon. Well yeah, that's not going to happen. I thought I'd be done with sanding the passenger's side of the stang by 12pm. I was wrong. I figure at least another hour needs to go into the front fender. Then I've got to do the trunk. then I've got to do the hood, then I've got to do something with my neaprehene bumper.

I think I'll just stay up and hammer it out tonight after I get home from work. That way I might be able to spray the car tomorrow afternoon.

Wish me luck.

Car still not painted.

My hands hurt and I'm tired as hell.

It's gonna rain the next couple days.

I'm leavin town for two weeks again.

The car won't be painted till I get back I guess.

Oh man is wet sanding no fun!