Headers

rolenna00gt

Founding Member
Jul 11, 2002
k-town tn
What is the best shorty headers on the market.. I wanted to get Hooker but I haven't found any that are short. All I have found is the long tube Headers from Hooker. Is BBK any good or what about Mac since I have a Prochamber?????

• Sponsors (?)

rolenna00gt said:
What is the best shorty headers on the market.. I wanted to get Hooker but I haven't found any that are short. All I have found is the long tube Headers from Hooker. Is BBK any good or what about Mac since I have a Prochamber?????
JBA is the best shorty header.

GoBabyVroommm said:
Just letting you know you get 2-5hp to the wheels off shortys. With long tubes your looking at 9-23hp meaning to the wheels. Depends on the car how much hp you'll get. If your going to spend you money spend it on something good.

JBAs are good for 9 rwhp.

rolenna00gt said:
Ok I thought the you only get gains out of long tubes from S/C or Turbo. SO here is the new questions witch headers should I get and will it bolt up to my Prochamber with out any problems??? :shrug:

To answer your original question JBA has the best shorties our atm. These BBK's look promising, but who knows when they will get out. You will notice gain with LT's on N/A and Forced Induction, obviously you will get more with forced induction. As for the post about JBA giving 9 rwhp; i'd have to see the dyno sheet on that one and i'm sure the car was tuned as well. LT's will yield some pretty decent hp untuned and will give you some power on the upper band. Definitely go with Hookers if you consider Long Tubes now. I just replaced a clutch with MAC long tubes and it is not fun to say the least.

GoBabyVroommm said:
If those are shorty that is really good. The BBK ones give you 2. I forgot where i read it but i was like damn that sucks.

I don't think you did read it, the BBKs are not available yet to my knowledge.
On http://brothersperformance.com search for 1615 (normal headers) and 16150 (ceramic) and they don't even come up. I thought BBK and brother's were kinda the same thing.

Here ya go - before and after JBA 1 5/8 Shorties. Looks like 13.65rwhp peak.
Not too shabby for shorties. Of course you may not see as much with just JBA's because of my additional mods (ie 87mm MAF, Densecharger). Yeah, had a dyno tune before and after by Randy Haywood. He's the best I have found, and the only one I'll let touch my car - besides me. I hope this jpg attaches...

Attachments

• CurrentDynoOneThirdVeryCompressed.jpg
    CurrentDynoOneThirdVeryCompressed.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 104
so what that dyno graph shows is that tuned right and with a couple of other mods, you can get a good gain with a pair of high quality headers

therefore, JBA Headers = teh win