Help Me Make My Mind Up!

May 20, 2005
Arkansas
Alright Stangnet.. here's my situation..

I will be getting my VT Stage 2 N/A Cams and Manley Nextek Vavlesprings installed in about 2-3 weeks. However, before I get it tuned I have decided to just go ahead and get Long Tubes, new midpipe and a new catback.

I'm going with SLP LT's, SLP X-pipe and Steeda Catback (yes, i'm a copy cat lol :p )

My situation:
Next weekend, i'll be ordering a new part.. shoudl I order the Catback or the LT's? :shrug:

I'll be getting the X-pipe on the day of install, so that is already taken care of.

I will hardly drive the car (only if absolutely necessary) until it's tuned. But will not get it tuned until everything is installed.

Help me out Stangnet!! :SNSign:

Oh yeah.. Any HP predictions would be appreciated! :D

• Sponsors (?)

Whichever is more expensive (LT's), buy them first. I like to buy the most expensive stuff first (don't know why really), but I definitely would if the whole system was going to be installed at the same time. If that makes any sense...

I'll leave the HP one to the 'pros' :nice:

DSG40thGT said:
Got a pool party at my moms work tomorrow, you can come if you want, free beer and pizza. But Sunday, I am free if you want to do something bud.
as a matter of fact, I need you to hold the ass end of my stang up while I change the tranny fluid. I got ramps for the front, but I need the car to be level for about 30 minutes. You can handle it :nice:

longtubes

helty said:
as a matter of fact, I need you to hold the ass end of my stang up while I change the tranny fluid. I got ramps for the front, but I need the car to be level for about 30 minutes. You can handle it :nice:

longtubes

Get the longtubes Jason.

If you really need my help Helty, I'll defiantly come and help you man. I would love to.

longtubes
Helt, you're killin me! That chit is hilarious:lol: :rlaugh:

Pennywise2 said:
I would get the catback first.I would get Magnaflow instead though! :nice:
Good luck Jason with your project.

I have heard the combo that i'm going with several several times.. and I drool all over my keyboard when I hear it. To me, it's the best exhaust combo i've ever heard :drool::hail2: But I do appreciate the suggestions :nice:

hmm lets see.. for the power prediction.. im going to have to go with about 296rwhp lol. most likely with my luck you will make more horsepower than me, actually the only 2 differences between our cars is going to be gears and the CAI, so yes.. I think you will make more power than me because you have 3.73's. Then again we are getting the same tune, so I will be interested to see if he will be able to run as aggressive timing on your car as on mine so you'll be getting tuned when its a lot hotter. Sucks too though because my dyno number have almost no SAE correction in them.. I hate tuning when its this hot :( the last time I did this it added 7% to my numbers

Good lord! 535 for a catback?!?!?! And i thought my $450 Bassani Catback was expensive :D . BTW, isn't the Steeda catback the same as either the Magnaflow/Regular Borla just rebadged? Would it be cheaper to get one of those instead?

BTW, Better get some sound and video clips :mad: