HELP! Supercoupe Longblock Interchageability questions! LONG!

stackz

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2001
atlanta, ga & charleston, sc
hey guys! My brother is finally getting around to playing with his 97 v6 5speed convertible! bone stock right now.

We've got a complete supercoupe engine minus intercooler out of a wrecked cougar xr7 (eaton charger also has housing crack) sitting in the garage as well as a pair of T3's from saabs. We've also got a pair of custom exhaust manifolds with T3 flanges.

Basically, what we want to do is pull out his engine, toss in the supercoupe long block, put all his accesories back on as well as the stock intake setup (swap out for the supercoupe injectors though), and toss those manifolds on with the T3's and do a v6 twin turbo engine.

Is this feasible?? will an n/a v6 engine's intake setup BOLT to the "sc" heads?? will all our accessories bolt to the front of it??

we noticed that it had a completely different bracket setup etc on it and what not.

We want to use the SC long block due to it being DESIGNED for boost and the T3's would work well with it we're sure. What should we do for fuel management???

what would be the simplest fuel management setup so we could run 10psi through the engine safely?? How much boost can the SC longblock even take before it gets dangerous??

thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

All ford 3.8 accessory bolts are the same. The setup would definitely be different due to the underhood configuration and lack of space in different types of cars. I'd definitely step up from the XR7 injectors and probably go with a 255 lph fuel pump (minimum). If you know of any good tuners, they would be able to get your A/F stoich and drivable.......but a good tune will be a necessity when playing with changing major air/fuel mods. Check out v6power.net I think the guys name is Justin who just put twin turbos on his V6 and he may be able to help you out a little further.

Also if it helps, I'm at 11 psi on my engine for the past 45,000 miles and I've never had a problem on a daily driver (sun, rain, sleet, snow, ice)