Engine High Idle On Startup And Hanging Idle

Kabuki_notch

Founding Member
Nov 19, 2001
Rochester, NY
I posted this in the surging idle thread but there hasnt been much activity, I've been dealing with a very high idle and hanging idle. I have pulled the following codes

31 - EGR Valve Position/Pressure Feedback EGR Circuit Below Minimum Voltage
67 - Park Neutral Position Switch Circuit Open
81 - Secondary Air Diverter Circuit Failure (O)
82 - Secondary Air Bypass Circuit Failure (O)
84 - EGR Vacuum Regulator (EVR) Control Circuit Failure (O)
85 - CANP Circuit Failure (O)

I have replaced a bunch of parts, I have a new motor that i'm prepping to install later this summer but I would really like to iron out these issues because i'm sure it's not going to just go away. I've replaced the following items, which i'll use most of on the new motor ACT, ECT, EGR Valve, IAC Motor, Plugs/wires, Dist Cap/Rotor, EGR Spacer, Throttle Body, TPS Sensor, MAF sensor, Fuel Filter new battery terminals/cables checked all the grounds. The problem i'm having is the Car idle shoots up to 2500-3k RPMS then it slowly comes down, i've checked the TPS voltage as well as the resetting the base idle. here's a quick video of the problem i'm having don't mind my wife asking for the bike pump halfway through the vid :) you will notice in the video around the 20sec mark the idle drops massively when i put it in gear then shoots back up when i put it back in park. any ideas what's causing this? i checked all the vacuum lines and nothing is leaking from what I can tell I did have a leak at my egr which is resolved. I've gone through the checklist i'm at a loss this problem has been plaguing me for nearly a year!

• Sponsors (?)