I CANT TAKE THESE GAS PRICES

SilverBullet99

Feb 19, 2004
well.......it had to happen!
these gas prices are out of control. i cant beleive it. i live in northern NJ, about 45 min from new york city, and we get some of the cheapest gas prices there are, and the station down the street from me just reached $2.00 for regular!!! not only that, it feels like it goes up more EACH day. this is rediculous. if this keeps happening or it doesnt go down, im gonna have a pretty ****ty summer. im 18 and i look foward to summers when i can drive my stang around all day and down the shore. not this year i guess :( i know everyone else with a not so fuel friendly mustang can agree with me.

• Sponsors (?)

Prices are outrageous, that's for sure. Just be thankful you have v6 though, could be driving a v8 as the commuter car.

I have 50 mile commute ahead of me each day too, one way. Times like these make me want to go out and buy a Metro.

Its sucked worse where i live in North Dakota, and we produce the gas in this state. Thats one of our leading exports for this state and we are paying 2.15 a gallon!!! My V6 gets close to the same gas millage a 5.0 gets, so i'm not thankful. I'm lucky to get 18 mpg. in town average 11 or 12 mpg. They word of mouth here is by the middle of the summer to end it will be 2.50 to 2.60 a gallon.

Thats why I fixed my four banger yesterday and drove that for my go getter car today...something better happen soon cause our economy can't take these prices, trucking rates,delivery,work commuting everything will get fubar. causing minimum wage to go up, and our dollar worth jack schit... :bs:

honestly, i've tried the new Shell gasoline, it claims to reduce engine vibration, therefore giving you better mileage, and by god it works! I drove over to pensacola (130 miles) to see my girlfriend this past weekend. my gas light was on when I filled up with Shell. I got about 26.3 mpg onmy way over there, combined with some city driving. Then I filled up with Citgo for my ride back (I was on 1/4 of a tank) and I only got about 20 mpg. I was on the interstate for the same way the most part, my driving habits were the same. It was about half freeway, half city driving on each tank. This stuff really works for me, I was very pleasntly satisfied. It only costs about 5-8 cents a gallon more also.

be happy you dont have a computer chip like mine, im lucky compaired to yall, it's only $1.78 for 87, and like $1.90 for 91, but in a few weeks it should max out to about $2.10 for the cheep junk. oh well, you got to pay for your toys.

what sucks is the 05 V6 Mustang has the same engine from the explorer in it, the 4.0 and it gets about 4-5 more mpg than this outdated pushrod we have

Just filled up yesterday at $2.32 a gallon. My gas mileage is getting better though, its up to about 22mpg. New Mustang is breaking in, has about 550 miles on it, it will get even better (*hopefully*). My old Explorer was getting 19 mpg so atleast its somewhat better. Still hurts at the pump though... :bang:

Where I live, our town has the largest inland oil refinery in North America. We use more oil than any other refinery in the country. Just last week, gas jumped to 1.95 a gallon. But I have noticed, that before this jump, oil company stocks have been going through the roof. ConocoPhillips for example: January 2003 stock value:about 49 dollas a share. Now, that same stock as of May 17,2004 over 70 dollas a share. What the oil companies are doing right now is experimenting with us to see just how high they can raise gas prices without affecting the amount of fuel we consume. Now, the past few days, I have noticed that ConocoPhillips stock has dropped about 2 dollars a share, which tells me that people are beginning to cut off fuel a little bit and this is causing their stocks to fall. Now, to compensate for this, gas prices should drop in the next few days here to probably 1.90 maybe 1.85, which is still highway robbery. But I really do think that the oil companies are just testing us, and if we can catch on and find ways to bum rides more often or just find time to drive less, we can really get the oil companies in a bind and cause these gas prices to fall back to a rather manageable level.

What people don't realize is that the US depends on oil import for 70% of our total usage. Due to the fact that OPEC has lowered its oil production, and the fact that a lot of states go to a gasoline that has an anti-smog agent added to it, the price of gas is going up.

Gas proces normally rise for the summer due to this additive and the fact that oil companies usually don't have that much of a supply of the new stuff on-hand in order to get rid of the normal gas stock first.

Either way, it sux.

SilverBullet99 said:
well.......it had to happen!
these gas prices are out of control. i cant beleive it. i live in northern NJ, about 45 min from new york city, and we get some of the cheapest gas prices there are, and the station down the street from me just reached $2.00 for regular!!! not only that, it feels like it goes up more EACH day. this is rediculous. if this keeps happening or it doesnt go down, im gonna have a pretty ****ty summer. im 18 and i look foward to summers when i can drive my stang around all day and down the shore. not this year i guess :( i know everyone else with a not so fuel friendly mustang can agree with me.

stay in north jersey you benny :)