I developed a tumor over the weekend...

Thanks again guys! I haven't had a chance to finish the car yet or do the pics or vids. I had to go to a safety banquet last night for work. George Chuvalo was speaking on drug abuse and suicide prevention, was pretty interesting. George went 15 rounds with Muhammad Ali for the heavy weight championship and it was a split decision. Ali said he was the toughest fighter he ever fought. Chuvalo had 4 sons and a daughter. Three of his sons die of heroin overdoses and his wife killed herself. Talk about tragic. Anywho I digress. Should get the car done tonight. Hopefully I can take it for a spin if it ever stops raining here.

• Sponsors (?)

Looks like its gonna rain all weekend too.....Nice car man, I'll have to watch for it on the streets...and stay clear of it:rlaugh:

well on a positive note we get to watch the oil this saturday, actually :nonono: thats not very positive. rain and our asses handed to us:nonono:

That 1.7 is maxed out at 14 psi.....I am intrested in seeing what kind of numbers that car will put out because a lot of people say you cant get 500 hp out of a 1.7....I have also head people with built short blocks, heads and cams....are not seeing 14 psi out of the 1.7, it just cant produce that much boost...so I was just intrested to see what his numbers are cause that is basically the goal for my car a built motor and maxing my blower out with the 14 psi pulley

LB0193 said:
That 1.7 is maxed out at 14 psi.....I am intrested in seeing what kind of numbers that car will put out because a lot of people say you cant get 500 hp out of a 1.7....I have also head people with built short blocks, heads and cams....are not seeing 14 psi out of the 1.7, it just cant produce that much boost...so I was just intrested to see what his numbers are cause that is basically the goal for my car a built motor and maxing my blower out with the 14 psi pulley

i know what u mean, if anyone can get 500hp out of a 1.7, itll be him :nice:

Oh man... you're killing me Tweeked! I'm playing hooky today just so I can get started on my install. Been going over the manuals to get in the right frame of mind. Did you install gauges too?

I just ordered a couple fender covers for the install part of this and I'm thinking of getting a new set of plug wires too. I had to burn off all my regular gas the other day and now have her sitting with 91 octane waiting for the install. She looks like a beautiful woman patiently waiting in the doctors waiting room to get a new set of tits... :D

This is my most expensive mod yet... $5,600 for the kit and $25K for the new car I had to buy for Wildfire's down time. :rlaugh:

I may be PMing you bro for any questions if you don't mind.

****... ****... ****... ****.... :hail2:

Pennywise2 said:
Please post some pics if you can that would be awesome!
Side pics if you can.

I'm not sure if you meant pics of the blower or the car but your gonna get the car :D . These are old but the best i have right now. I have to make new ones.
View attachment 463906
DSCF0004_1.jpg

DSCF0005_1.jpg

Stang3.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF0004_1.jpg
    DSCF0004_1.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF0005_1.jpg
    DSCF0005_1.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Stang3.jpg
    Stang3.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 56
-=NightHawk=- said:
i know what u mean, if anyone can get 500hp out of a 1.7, itll be him :nice:

I'm sure gonna try :nice: . I want 450-500rwhp. the kit is maxed at 14psi but i have just kept my 9# pulley on for now. I'll put the 14# on when i get my race gas. The car is running now but is running like crap. I desperately need a tune. It's stalling and the idle is really serging from 1000-1500rpm and then drops down and stalls. I can't even get my foot into it, it is really bad. When I get it tuned i will post numbers. I'll try to get a vid of the way it sounds now. Damn it sounds mean and loud. You just hear a little whistle under the hood.

GDawg, any questions you have just ask, I'll help you anytime. You helped me so much just by those pics you posted :nice: thanks again man. I do have Autometer C2 gauges but they are partly installed. I haven't hooked them up to the dash lights yet. That will come tomorrow.

As of right now my tuner thinks we will be seeing 460+rwhp with the 9# pulley and easily over 500 with the 14#. I had 290 before + 10% for the stroker + 160 for the KB. I gained 3mph in the quarter mile just by adding the low compression stroker. I never had it dynoed since the 290 with my 4.6 and VT stage 2's last year but that stroker as stated above is 3mph faster. Should be an interesting dyno session.

TweekedGT said:
As of right now my tuner thinks we will be seeing 460+rwhp with the 9# pulley and easily over 500 with the 14#. I had 290 before + 10% for the stroker + 160 for the KB. I gained 3mph in the quarter mile just by adding the low compression stroker. I never had it dynoed since the 290 with my 4.6 and VT stage 2's last year but that stroker as stated above is 3mph faster. Should be an interesting dyno session.

your math in there gives you an HP of 479..is that 160 for the kb for the 9# or 14#?

EDIT: figured it out myself :)

290 before + 10% for the stroker + 262 for the KB = 581HP :eek:

now i know it prob wont be that much but for the sake of a number, holy crap :SNSign: