I rode in a '67 GT-500 today!

65shlbycln

Founding Member
Aug 24, 2002
Atlanta
A neighbor of mine has a nice collection of mustangs and after i let him drive my fastback, he gave me a ride in his 500. It was a wimbledon white/guardsman blue 4speed 428 car. It was awesome. So much torque! The back end just wants to come around so much. It wasnt the fastest car ive been in, but definitely one of the coolest. This guy is cool cause even though he has the best mustangs you can buy, he drives the heck out of them, and he definitely wasnt afraid to step on this one. It was the first big block car ive been in too. Anyways, just thought i'd share! :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

65fastback2+2 said:
we dont wanna hear your stories of riding in clone cars ;-)

really though it sounds like it was so much fun, i think i woulda gone rice burnin'

Haha, yeah this was definitely no clone. He's owned the best collection of mustangs ive ever seen, shelby's of all years, bosses, machs, everything. He buys only the rarest cars. Its pretty crazy.

The guy I got El from has a bunch of Shelbys, a 69 Boss 429 , Boss 351 (nom) and on the less impressive end, a Hennessy Viper , a 70 LS6 Chevelle , 71 TA Challenger, 69 Z28 , and 2 cars outside rotting to the ground , a 70 Buick GSX (saturn yellow) and a 70 R/T Challenger 440 6 Pac car. :nonono: They are all neglected , but at least the Shelbys are inside. He bought them up in the early-mid 80s when they were dirt cheap. Drove them into a warehouse, cut the power, and left them there. A friend talked to him 3 or 4 times about buying a 67 GT 350 he has, but he wouldnt come to terms. :shrug: The guys a bit eccentric. It was all I could do to pry the 500 off him, and Ive known him about 12 years now.

The Hopkinator said:
The guy I got El from has a bunch of Shelbys, a 69 Boss 429 , Boss 351 (nom) and on the less impressive end, a Hennessy Viper , a 70 LS6 Chevelle , 71 TA Challenger, 69 Z28 , and 2 cars outside rotting to the ground , a 70 Buick GSX (saturn yellow) and a 70 R/T Challenger 440 6 Pac car. :nonono: They are all neglected , but at least the Shelbys are inside. He bought them up in the early-mid 80s when they were dirt cheap. Drove them into a warehouse, cut the power, and left them there. A friend talked to him 3 or 4 times about buying a 67 GT 350 he has, but he wouldnt come to terms. :shrug: The guys a bit eccentric. It was all I could do to pry the 500 off him, and Ive known him about 12 years now.

Is there any way to get in touch with him?

65shlbycln said:
Is there any way to get in touch with him?

Go to www.customfastbackca.com , get in touch with Trooperexpert (Matt) . He is the one that tried to buy the 67 GT350 off him. The guys name is Bob . I dont have his number anymore , I just drove out there a lot when I was trying to buy the GT 500. Matt should have it. He can also tell you of his experience trying to deal with him. It took me a LONG time to get the GT500, hes always saying come back in 2 weeks, or call me next Friday... :bang: His Shelbys are unrestored originals, one is even a completely apart 68 vert. The 67 GT350 is in real good shape, an older resto, but has been parked inside. He has a 65 ? Hertz Rental , black/gold , with Weber carbs, a 68 GT500 , 69 and 70 also. If you pursue one of them , BEST OF LUCK ! Youll need it.