Idling Problem

1476649158657.jpg So why is that Tee in that vaccum line coming from the front. Should I remove it and just straight line it. Would it matter if I hooked that line up to the s on the vaccum tree. It pulls stronger than the one that is currently on the source vacuum.

• Sponsors (?)

1476649158657.jpg So why is that Tee in that vaccum line coming from the front. Should I remove it and just straight line it. Would it matter if I hooked that line up to the s on the vaccum tree. It pulls stronger than the one that is currently on the source vacuum.

This was in my vaccum line going to the back pvc restricting 99 percent of the flow. Anyone know why..

Attachments

• 20161017_101001.jpg
    20161017_101001.jpg
    954.6 KB · Views: 126
  • 20161017_101001.jpg
    20161017_101001.jpg
    954.6 KB · Views: 128
Don't know
why they t'd it, but your brake booster should have a direct vacuum source, not ported vacuum. In the old days it could be like the base of carburetor, full vacuum. Maybe one of the other guys can comment on your tee that was added. I don't own this vehicle..I couldn't tell you. Try removing the restriction, run full vacuum see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What type intake is that? Did the previous owner give you any info on the car? Do you have any basic automotive knowledge? Need a little help to help you. If you have no info on the car/motor first place to start is to get a vacuum gauge and find constant vacuum around 17 or higher at idle. That will plug into the vacuum tree. You may be able to t that source with the pcv valve. Than check you brakes, should have a better peddle, no hard. Then we can help you from there. Buy a repair manuel for your car and maybe squeez some info from the previous owner. The people here will help you best they can.

What type intake is that? Did the previous owner give you any info on the car? Do you have any basic automotive knowledge? Need a little help to help you. If you have no info on the car/motor first place to start is to get a vacuum gauge and find constant vacuum around 17 or higher at idle. That will plug into the vacuum tree. You may be able to t that source with the pcv valve. Than check you brakes, should have a better peddle, no hard. Then we can help you from there. Buy a repair manuel for your car and maybe squeez some info from the previous owner. The people here will help you best they can.

I have an entire book of records on the car. Don't know the previous owner. It's a pro m 80 intake with a truck flow intake manifold.

A vacuum line to a catch can? Is it suck'n vacuum? If it is plug it.
I had to go back and see what your original problem was. Did you get vacuum to your booster and is it working? Sounds like previous owner was a little vacuum impaired.
Could not have been the beer though.

Last edited:
It probably is a separator. It comes of the intake manifold to a tee in the line. Then it travels to the pvc. This picture shows it.

Attachments

• 20161016_161823.jpg
    20161016_161823.jpg
    462.4 KB · Views: 98
Sorry it's upside down . But it's the 1st outlet on the left..

I did get the brake booster working alittle better than before. With this lunati cam my vaccum isn't going to be great.