Legality of turn-downs after mufflers?

• Sponsors (?)

See, that's what I'm trying to find out. Do they look at that kind of thing when they do inspections in Missouri? I have no idea at this moment. I'm probably going to do it no matter what....but just wanting to know for sure.

i dont know if i would go with turn-downs and its not because of the inspections or legaltiy of it.

when sitting in traffic with your window down you might pass out because of all the exhasut fumes :notnice:

also to me it sounds like poo :notnice:

it also is very loud since all the sound is bouncing off the pavement and back under the car and into the car :notnice:

i dont like turndowns :shrug:

I really like turndowns, but that depends on the application. I love to be next to a car with turndowns and feel the exhuast vibrations beating against my chest.

:OT: Hey Patrick, how do you get columns in your sig like that? I've been trying to figure it out and I know it's probably simple, but my d@m^ public education has me limited like that. :shrug:

Yellow01GT said:
See, that's what I'm trying to find out. Do they look at that kind of thing when they do inspections in Missouri? I have no idea at this moment. I'm probably going to do it no matter what....but just wanting to know for sure.

Dude your from Jeff City and are wondering about Db levels of turn downs. Man there are plenty of mullet wearing rednecks sitll driving around with glasspacks on their 72 Ford pickups that put out more Db's than a set of turndowns. Put them on and hope you don't choke yourself out at a stoplight from the fumes

chevylover said:
Dude your from Jeff City and are wondering about Db levels of turn downs. Man there are plenty of mullet wearing rednecks sitll driving around with glasspacks on their 72 Ford pickups that put out more Db's than a set of turndowns. Put them on and hope you don't choke yourself out at a stoplight from the fumes

I'm not actually worried about how loud the exhaust will be...I'm worried about the position where the exhaust lets out. I want to make sure it will pass inspection like that. That's all I'm concerned about, I want it to be loud as f***.

Technically, your exhaust is suppose to be in the same location as it came from the factory. Whether it be behind the axles or out the side. I live in MO and mine are dumps. It still will pass inspections unless some guy is a real jerk.
thanks

Dave

Yellow01GT said:
I'm not actually worried about how loud the exhaust will be...I'm worried about the position where the exhaust lets out. I want to make sure it will pass inspection like that. That's all I'm concerned about, I want it to be loud as f***.

If I were you I would go with the electric cutouts. That way you can keep it quiet when you need to and let it loose on the highway going to a Mizzou game (Go Tigers!!!).
This is my next project after I save up my allowance I get from the wife :owned: