Mach 460 help

mirenic

Jun 30, 2007
I am having the same problem as so many others with the CD changer on my Mach 460. I keep getting the "CD ERROR" message and I cannot eject the CD's. I have tried all of the remidies that I have seen posted. None have worked, so I am trying to find a replacement head for it. I have a 2001 GT convertable and the model number of the radio is 1R3F-18C815-BC. I have seen several for sale that claim that they will work in the 2001 Mustang. My problem is, the first four digits and the last two of the model number do not match mine. The 18C815 are the only common digits. Is it necessary that the model number be an exact match?
Thanks,
Dave

• Sponsors (?)

Hi mirenic,
What did you end up doing about your radio? I have a 2001 mustang convertible 6-cd radio 1R3F-18C815-BC doing the same thing. CD error and the cd's won't eject.

Thanks,
Roy
:shrug:

I don't know if you have solved your problem with the radio error, but I used to have the same exact 6 cd changer in my mustang. I solved this same error by disconnecting the battery cable for about 15 minutes. This resets the car computer as well as the cd player. Solved for me =]