Manufacturer's Label

So guys and gals, I have finally purchased my dream car. A Blue 1969 Mach 1. I was able to find it in a gravel lot not too far from my home town. The problem is, the PO couldn't find the title. Upon questioning him, I found out that he had the title signed over to him 29 years ago and never put it in his name..... So in other words he never titled or registered the car. I decided to buy the car and deal with the title back in Iowa. I am not in the process of getting the necessary items for the Iowa DOT. In which I need a picture of the manufacturer's label that certifies the vehicle meets federal motor vehicle safety standards. I have no idea what this is, I only know of the two tags on the car the vin under the windshield and the door tag. If anyone know what this other label is or where it is located I would really appreciate it.

Thank for the help, I will post pictures soon!

• Sponsors (?)

I wish you luck cause this same thing happened to my brother. He bought from a guy who stored it for 20 years but never retitled it so when my brother tried to title it he had to contact the original owner. The original owner decided he wanted it back since it was still legally titled to him. The state (of Ohio) made him hand it over and my brother was out the money he paid for it.

So guys and gals, I have finally purchased my dream car. A Blue 1969 Mach 1. I was able to find it in a gravel lot not too far from my home town. The problem is, the PO couldn't find the title. Upon questioning him, I found out that he had the title signed over to him 29 years ago and never put it in his name..... So in other words he never titled or registered the car. I decided to buy the car and deal with the title back in Iowa. I am not in the process of getting the necessary items for the Iowa DOT. In which I need a picture of the manufacturer's label that certifies the vehicle meets federal motor vehicle safety standards. I have no idea what this is, I only know of the two tags on the car the vin under the windshield and the door tag. If anyone know what this other label is or where it is located I would really appreciate it.

Thank for the help, I will post pictures soon!
there are also tags on the fender aprons, passenger AND driver side. my door tag was gone and dash rusted, but luckily i found the tags under the hood.
also, in NC we can get a custom title, or replica title, if we prove a bill of sale, for the body, and all major mechanical parts. i have a title for mine but because i am replacing everything and have to remove VINs (restamping is illegal) i have to get either a custom or replica title once i prove its a road ready vehicle. try contacting your DMV department of lisence and theft. as in NC they are the ones that handle the antique inspections, make sure you have a bill of sale from the Previous owner.

Thanks for the information. I will check those tags as well. One finder is replaced already and the other should be the stock one. I have had the vin checked and it comes back as a 69 mustang with no record of theft. The way the bonding process is set up in Iowa is if the car has never been reported stolen or the actual person on the title has not actively been looking at the car, he will not be able to get the car back. If he can prove in a claims court that he has been pursuing the car actively for the past 29 years he could possibly get the car back. Since it hasn't been reported stolen, good luck. This is also why I pay for the bond. I am going through with the bonding process, so I will definitely report back to help other people that have to go thought the same issues that I am.

Good luck with that. I recently went through the process in NC to title one of my cars. I hope you got a bill of sale. Does the PO remember who he bought the car from and is that person still alive ?

The manufacture's label you are referring to did not go into use until the 1970 model year. The closest thing you would have is the inner trunk lid certification decal that went into effect in 1966.