MTV's Pimp My ride

I watch this awhile back, I thought all around that it wasnt that great of a job, i have it recoreded on my comp. and had to watch it twice, but they used massive amounts of bondo! and the quarter panel when they are putting on bondo wasnt even stripped of the old paint! I give it 3-4 years before the paint doesnt look too nice. Guess thats just not how i would do things.

The floor board thing was horrible as well, couldnt believe what they did.

But hey, she got a nicer car out of the deal than she had, so its good for her

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, the floorpans bothered me a bit. They estimated they spent $30,000 on the crappy Ranger they did before the Mustang and they couldn't be bothered with putting in at least repop floor pans? Sheez.
Then the rims. That caught my ear really quick. "No rims available" for that particular car spells a six cylinder car half-assed converted to a 302. I watched a rerun and sure enough-4 lug drum brakes up front. They couldn't spring for the girl at least some Granada parts under there? Maybe they blew too much of their budget on the Ranger.

Pretty much the only things I liked about the car were the color of the exterior & interior and the guages.

I didn't like the chromed side scoops, shape of the seats (although reclining is a nice feature), headliner, & wheels. It looked like they did a really crappy job of installing the stereo (or was that the DVD unit?) in the center dash panel. It basically looked like they just removed the panel and threw the stereo in; it didn't look finished.

I also agree the floor pan repair was half-assed. There's a reason floor pans have all the ridges in them; it's for strength. A flat piece of sheet metal won't be nearly as strong as an actual floor pan. Plus I seriously doubt they even investigated the main cause of the rusted floor pan. *cough*cowl*cough* Or the other things that generally go along with a rusted floor pan. *cough*frame & torque box*cough*.

Plus, I think they could have at least put in some shoulder belts for safety (I would have).

-Chelle

I think some people kinda forgot it was a TV show, not a "how to correctly retore your beloved classic" show. I mean really, do you guys also watch "Fear Factor" and think, "oh, my I would never eat grubs with THAT fork!"? I think the only person they intended to please was the surfer babe that owned it, the rest of us were only supposed to be entertained by the behind the scenes stuff, which I for one was happy to see.

The show is called "PIMP my ride" thus the pimp rims. what kind of self-respecting pimp would not be proud of those? And they would compliment the silver teef in yo grill too.
I couldn't see the rims too well on the site so I can judge them. BUT at least she won't see them on every third hot rod out there like the Torque II's. Don't get me wrong. I like the TTII's. but eveyone and their granny at the car show has them