My car vs 04 GTO?

Quik03GT

Mar 2, 2006
Hey guys, a friend of a friend has an 04 GTO 6 spd. I thought the car was all stock but I found out it has a K&N CAI. He's been saying we should race sometime but I'm not sure how well I'd do against it. I know he's a good driver, so it may not go well for me but who knows. What are your thoughts on this? My mods are in sig.

• Sponsors (?)

What are these cars supposed to run in the 1/4 stock? I've heard mid-high 13's, but I imagine that LS1 is pretty strong from a roll, which is what he seems to be favoring.

with your mods you are probably barely compensating for your drivetrain loss. so you are probably getting 260 to the wheels. and dont let 4000lbs fool you he has almost 100 more hp. get ready to look at those crappy tail lights

bad news, those things are pretty fast. i think the gto will be the victor.

i was next to one once before i got some of my heavier mods. we are driving at about 40 and and his car just jumped when he put the pedel to the floor. seemed pretty fast to me. i didnt get on it but it seemed too fast for me at the time.....i had x pipe, catback, cai, plenum/tb.:shrug:

Well I'll give it a shot anyways. I am thinking about getting a Mac O/R H pipe anyway, so maybe that will help me out a bit.

Thanks for the advice guys!

BTW- I've never seen an 03-04 Cobra going for less than an 04 or even 05 GTO. I was told that the guy that wants to race me paid $20k for his 04 GTO with 28k miles on it, definetly cheaper than 03-04 Cobras.

Yeah I was talking when they were brand new. I have two friends with the ls2 GTO's and they both paid about 38k when it was all said and done. A Cobra brand new was about 30k. But yea you can find GTO's for around 20k, They loose there value pretty badly.