New Ecoboost Owner With Radio Questions!

1968Oldsman

Sep 5, 2005
Hello everyone! Just got my new ecoboost and it came with the stock low end radio. I was wondering were I might be able to find a higher end model forndalenor should I hobgoblin my dealer and see what they can do for me? All I have now is the base one with the back up camera i don't even have xm

• Sponsors (?)

Factory radio will be very expensive. There are already aftermarket solutions that have gps and everything, but they are offshore products and im waiting for a review. It's a total replacement with a 8" touchscreen and plugs into the stock data bus so it controls the ac and everything and works with sync. They r as cheap as $350 but I'm not gonna be the first to try. I think shortly we will have lots of solutions. But i want a dedicated preamp out as well. I don't have a mustang yet, but if i do i plan at least new front speakers and a.sub. how does it sound now? If you turn down bass a notch below center, will it play loud? Wish i could hear one.

It says it does. Might be buggy, I don't know. It communicates on a computer level (CANBUS) with the car's systems. I even see it controls the AC on the V6. Pretty soon, I'll have my Mustang and I might have to try one out. Someone has to be a guinea pig. Just keep watching the forums and youtube.

While flailing around with the Sirius-less base radio in my 2016 V6 coupe recently, I searched the web and saw this type radio in the Kenwood, Pioneer and another major brand audio supplier but couldn't bring myself to trust any local car audio shop with the install. The radios weren't expensive but risking my new car to some former gas station/convenience store now car audio/wheel installer was something that I just couldn't do. Since I use Sirius exclusively for my listening pleasure, I bought an Onyx receiver and had Best Buy wire in an FM Direct module to the stock car radio. Cost $200 total and I'm thoroughly pleased with the install and performance of the system.