New intake, put new injectors?

PhLoBuS

Aug 15, 2004
Beverly, MA
I am getting a BBK SSI intake manifold I currently have the stock injectors and I am planning on getting 24# injectors. Would it be alright to just put those in along with the intake? What needs to be changed/upgraded, 255 fuel pump? let me know!

• Sponsors (?)

well if you are going to 24 punders you need to get a mass air sensor that is calibrated for 24's. i also suggest a adjustable fuel pressure regulator....

on a side note.....are you sure you want the SSI intake manifold? the trickflow street heat flows better and is 200 bucks cheaper.....test so far havent really shown any impressive numbers fo the ssi...but if you are set on it more power to ya bud :nice: :nice:

just research as much as you can. In the 94-95 specific there is a faq thread that shows flow rates for heads, intake blah blah blah. You cant go wrong with tfsh intake. If my 95 cobra intake wasnt port/polished to the max that's what i would go with.

Just as a side note:

The stock fuel rails will support more HP than the just about any other part of the stock fuel system. The exception is of course, is the tank. Well over 500 HP. the point is that getting the SSI for the fuel rails is a non-issue.

By the way - even with the intake, looking at your sig, the 24's, maf and fuel pump are only an investment for the future. They will add virtually no power to the set up as you're not at a power level where you're moving enough air to need more than you've got with the stock set up.

PhLoBuS said:
How about the Edelbrock Performer or Performer RPM?

It may cost a little more, but the Edelbrock Performer IMO is still one of the best intakes out when comparing quality and performance. And it claims a 1500-6000 rpm range which I like better than the 5500. Especially if you do heads and a cam later and want to take it out in the rpms a little further. Either way you'll notice a nice gain. I gained a ton at the track with the performer and stock heads and cam, everything else changed. Regardless which you use, I'm sure you'll be happy.

I agree with Michael Yount, you don't have the power to need 24's yet and when you do you will want an intank walbro to go with it. I'd stick with 19's for now. Although I may jump to a larger MAF though.

Yeah you don't need those bigger injectors/pump...

Just clean your stock 19lbers when you replace the intake...

Get a Performer intake which is $508 shipped from Summit Racing if I remember correctly...maybe not that much...but the price is like $495...

I have it on my AFR 165 heads with a FTI cam...and it supports it nicely and revs to 6k without hesitation...

The Performer marketing rating is idle-5500rpm (A FYI)

I ran my stock fuel pump on my h/c/i with 30lb injectors for 2 weeks and installed a Walbro 190lph fuel pump and noticed no difference at any rpm range...no starvation or anything...but it put me at peace :)

my trick flow street heat is on its way. i pull to 6k with my crappy stock manifold, but i have a full forged roller assembly and potered gt40's i can imagine how much harder it will pull with my trick flow installed

i dont understand why peoplr say thier cars fall on thier face at like 5000-5500