New ricer movie

• Sponsors (?)

MysteryMachine said:
i seen it the other day. My dad was like that should be good. I was like yeah if your a ***got ricer. he goes so i was like your such a homo

:gayfight:

Sadly there is a huge fan base for this junk. I will definately see it, not only for great joke material, but I am sure there will be some hot ass chics in it; As we all know, the show girls at car shows love to follow around those bastards.
Scott

I enjoyed the first installment, the second one was okay but not on the same level as the first one, but the whole drifting thing totally lost my attention. I know there is the whole suspension of disbelief for many movies but sometimes they stretch that a little to thin for me to enjoy the movie. For example, I was watching the Herbie remake today with Lindsay Lohan (Lindsay Lohan = hot) and had to turn it off towards the end just because it was too dang unrealistic. Anyways, I won't see this until it comes out on DVD and someone else buys it.

Now not only do I have to worry about ricers doing stupid **** on the highway, I need to worry about them crashing into my car while it is parked in a parking lot because they think drifting is "cool".

Alright....my opinions on drifting are actually quite different than alot on here...

The agreement of the topic comes in where alot of kids don't know the right time and place to try these things

Drifting a car (something we stangers have been doing to an extent for decades, otherwise known as getting bent, power sliding, etc) is without a doubt, an art that requires skill, patience, and a very strong suspension set up. Mustangs are really starting to get into the sport, and most of the time, with a few exceptions, the cars that partake in these events are FAR from what I would refer to as tacky rice mobiles...Supra's, Skyline's, Silvia's, RX-7's, RX-8's, Vipers...all rear wheel drive cars, and to me, rear wheel drive high horsepower vehicles aren't the typical ricer vehicle of choice. You don't see civics on the Drift series tracks...

I would love to have the perfect set up in my 95 to be able to skillfully lose control of my car and yet manipulate a corner or two....besides the obvious "look cool factor" of the move, it would be just as exhilarating for a driver as dragging or autocross...

The problem, as stated above, lies with those who believe drifting is a parking lot event, and not a closed track maneuver. Yes, an idiot with his corolla is going to attempt this near a local school and kill a dozen onlookers, and from there...it will look like a very horrible trend which is killing american teens. No doubt, this movie will be the scapegoat behind the publicity...

Simply because, in this movie, they're doing it on public streets, and that saddens me, because a driving technique that requires this amount of skill, accuracy, and coordination (not to mention money) shouldn't be seen as a crime, but instead an exciting driving sport.

The rice and ridiculous is a candied up, unrealistic impression of what today's younger generation WANTS to see as the dark side of racing....I've read some major street racing articles, and so have most of you....the big city street racing scenes in America don't include civics and integra's, but instead big block chevy's running 10's or lower, fully caged and trailered mustangs, and some mopar power that could shake down a city block...these little guys rarely show at these events, because they're too busy installing their "invader" body kits to have on for when they start the 10th grade in September...

Wow...that was quite a rant...possibly the longest post in xr8d302 history...

Shortened version - Drifting is cool in the right place at the right time...integra's with fast food trays under their rear wheels sliding into minivans on intersections is not cool. The Fast and Furious is gay.

:SNSign: :D :nice: :canada: :flag: :eek:

Looks like I should get ready to dodge out of the way of ricers sliding into my lane while they try to drift their fwd cars. That's the main problem, they see the movie then they try to drift and end up getting into wrecks. If one of those f****rs slides broadside into the front of my cobra, not even Bow Wow will be able to save him :chair:

I saw the Mustang in this one......I had not noticed it on TV but when I watched the above link I had to rewind........
Charger #1

Yenko Camaro and Challenger #2

Now the Mustang in #3........figure they'll pull us in.........:rlaugh:

I'm too much of a homophobe to go see that movie. It would be like the time my g/f dragged me in to see Brokeback :bang: :owned:

Completely off-topic, but does anyone know whatever happened to the "Johnny Ricer" videos? He had 3 or so vids a couples years ago, they were frggin hilarious! Are there any new ones?