O/R H Pipe

Fast05

Sep 16, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX
Just a question to see if the issue has been resolved. I had an 05 and it was wrecked and was out of the Mustang scene for a while until I picked up my 10 last summer.

Anyway, I had on O/R H pipe on my 05 and had issues on cold start up with the engine feeling like it was going to sputter and die but would instead rev up and throw the check engine light. To the best of my knowledge this was caused because the sensors where the factory catalytic converters were, were now further from the engine and thus took longer to warm up, throwing off the ecu. At the time I had the car there really wasn't a fix other than to just keep it in low gear driving for the first 5 minutes so it'd warm up the pipes faster. Just wondering if there is a fix or if anyone has had issues with their '10? There were suggestions that the tune could be fixed to allow a longer time for the sensors to warm.

• Sponsors (?)

hmm O/R h pipes house the secondary 02 sensors those more or less check to see if the "cats" are functioning BUT on start up it doesnt check them it waits awhile i forget what its called but the system warms up and then starts running through the sensors. as for it working with 2010 gt's i currently am running a jba O/R hpipe with my long tube headers no issue. now to forget about the rear o2's you could
a. buy Mil eliminators
b. get them turned off in a tune (what i did)

it sounds like your front 02 sensors were at fault or moved from the original placement (longtubes) then this could be the cause of all your problems when i installed my longtubes my tuner didnt have a good adjustment for it so i got it professionally tuned im good to go now.