Oh the falling leaves....springs

Yeah,
I'm pretty lucky, as one of my good buds is pretty high up the food chain at Scott Drake (now located here in Las Vegas) and even though they don't sell retail, well....... Not to advertise, but I've never had one bit of trouble with NPD and CJ has been pretty good, even though EVERY order I've placed with them has ALWAYS had at least one, or more, or all parts on backorder. Imust say though that whenever there is a backorder, it is usually a short wait and earlier than promised. My guess is they keep very little inventory to keep costs down. I've had mixed results with most other vendors.
Sorry For The Ramblings,
Gene

• Sponsors (?)

I need a good buddy, but living in the sticks means not many qualified helpers out there. Lots of chevy guys here around me....which still have that chevy bone in my body (3 camaros) but my im slowly molding my bro-in-law into a car guy...and hes slowly molding me into a carpenter.

HAHAHAHAHA.....I put my 15 dollar lift shackles on this evening and drove my car down a bumpy county pothole patches on top of patches backroad and my tires never rubbed once. The lowest hole on these things is about an inch taller than the factory shackles. Heck if they didnt look so bad (Kinda Joe Dirt-ish) I would leave them on there. But at least I can enjoy my car until i get all my proper parts in.

after MU moved across the country, they kinda fell off it seems. I did order a fiberglass hood from them and that's it for a long while.

I think Gene is correct about inventory. I've been seeing a lot of brick and mortar shops doing this exact same thing now just to save some inventory space and money.

and it's pronounced Deer-tay, it's french.

lol.

Most of the stuff I've been ordering has been drop shipped, but even then, The stuff I've ordered from CJ pony parts have arrived weeks faster then the parts I've ordered from others. I think it has to do with how they handle the drop ship, some places have the Manufacturer ship them the item then ship it out from their warehouse where others have the manufacturer ship directly to the purchaser, which shaves days off the delivery time and decreases shipping cost too.

I finally got my springs put in. 4.5 leaf mid eye Grab-a-traks. The ride is a little rougher than the stock springs, but its not too bad. The tires don't rub!! That's the big thing. Anyway, they bolted right in like they were supposed to. Now I need to do the shelby drop and the car should sit like I want it. I guess the stiffer new springs keep the car from squatting in the curves and keep my wheels from rubbing. I was afraid I was still going to have that problem in the curves and was going to add a sway bar, but i still may add one just for the added handling benefit. Just wanted to tell you guys I was pleased so far with my new springs.