Paint Peeling Around Trunk. Is This Common?

5literPwr

Founding Member
Jul 17, 2002
I have been searching online forums for answers to a factory paint related question that I have, but so far I have been unsuccessful. On my 2007 vista blue GT I just noticed a vertical line several inches long where paint is flaking/peeling/bubbling on my trunk located in the area near where the glass in the back window meets the trunk of the car. It is located in the area a little beyond where the glass meets the body and runs vertically. Directly under the paint that is peeling reveals a white area which I guess is the factory primer (?). Can anyone tell me if this is a common issue on a 2007 GT? The rest of the paint on my car is in rather excellent condition and so this trunk area has me worried if the car was in an accident even though Carfax doesnt reveal any accidents from the 2 past owners of my car. Any feedback in regards to this issue would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I forgot to add to my post that I have read through many discussions of paint issues occurring on the aluminum hood of our model Mustangs, but havent read anything yet relating to paint issues on the trunk area such as what I am experiencing. So I was just wondering if the trunk area paint peeling issue on my car is common like the hood paint issues I keep reading. Just hoping that this is just a factory paint issue and not the result of a past accident collision. Thanks.