Paint question

Cory281

Jun 6, 2004
Hey guys, I am asking this for a friend that owns a 2001 Bullit. Anyway he has taken good care of his car, but his paint is already flaking off. Theres a big spot as big as my thumb in the middle of his hood, another spot is showing up right underneath the honey comb trim in his hood scoop and theres a spot by his rear quarter window. His car has the original paint and it shouldn't be doing this, is there anything he can do? I've been wondering since the paint is flaking off to the primer that maybe Ford would still cover it? Even though his car is out of warranty?

Thanks for any advice. I can get some pics if anyone is curious or just wants to see.

Edit, I probably should have posted this in the other forum not the 05-09's. Sorry.

• Sponsors (?)

My '05 has several places where the clearcoat is starting to come off. They are just very small spots right now (maybe 1/8"), but I'm sure that I'll have to have the car clearcoated again soon.

Early versions of "Environmentally Friendly" paints and sealents had alot of problems with lack of durability and UV resistance. The new finishes are much better.

Unfortunately, I don't think that those of us whos cars are out of warranty have any recourse, so we'll end up fixing it ourselves :notnice:

Yeah it does suck. I'm not surprised that theres nothing Ford would do, but I thought I'd ask and find out for sure. It hasn't been under a car cover or abused in any way, it's either in a garage or outside.

Oh well, it's not my car haha. Thanks for the help guys.