Short block engine where to get the parts

bmo37

Founding Member
Jun 27, 2001
New Jersey
i'm building another 347 shortblock up, but i can't find the simple things i need like, a cam plug, front and rear oil gallery plugs, oil filter housing. I can't find none of this stuff on the internet, except for regualr core freeze plugs and one know where to get it online or at a local place other than the ford dealer?? thanks for your help

• Sponsors (?)

thanks for your help i actually found the ford fms kit which comes with front and rear oil gallery plugs, the cam plug and core freeze plugs as a kit for 10 bux. here's the part if anyone else needs it. FMS-M6026A302, as for the oil filter houseing i can get an old one from the donor block but im trying to simplify the install so the nickel and dime parts i'd rather by new and just install on new engine rather than swapping them over.

Also u guys might be able to help me out with something else, is it mandiatory that you have a 7qt oil pan with a high volume oil pump? or can u get away with a 5qt, My fear is i'll suck up too much oil and leave the pan dry with the hv one.

How about the myth that you need a HV oil pump. Not too clear on your combo but you really dont need that crazy pump. I'm running a standard pump with a 5 qt pan on a 625 horse supercharged 342. Pressure is always around 45-50 psi, and everything runs fine.