spanked by auto ws6 what can i do

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmania82

May 25, 2010
hey everyone im new to the mustang world..... i have a 97 gt it has pi intake and pi cams 373 gears 24lb injectors trick flow plenum 75mm tb k&n cold air msd coils and 10.2mm wires sct xs3 tuner steeda short throw full flowmater exhaust. now i raced a 98 ws6 auto with 180k miles all stock and it pulled me by at least 5 cars i have fully built pi heads but thinking about a vortech system unless you guys have any opinons on how i can hang n/a all thoughts will be great help thanx guys....:mad:

• Sponsors (?)

1) Stop street racing. You're guaranteed not to lose if you don't race illegally on public roads...

2) WS6s are no joke. You're giving up a ton of cubes and power normally aspirated. You need to make up for the cubic inches with forced induction and hope he doesn't do the same thing. Putting on those PI heads and a blower would be a good idea.

I really REALLY think that Nightfire just should not comment on anything, it seems like he just loves to rip people apart and its really ****ed up and annoying, stop your ****, he said hes NEW to the STANG world, and anyone of us know what he means by that, enough's enough already.

ok sweet info guys i was always a forced induction guy anyways with the imports but i really like my gt feels really strong but down the track it just doesnt get it done i have a few friends that have c5 corvettes and srt4 cars that i just cant touch.... the pi heads i have are built but i was told with those heads and a blower it will be to much compression idk these cars well enough yet im just collecting info and sorry about the full exhaust its flowtech headers to 2.5 " flowtech h pipe and flowmaster axleback.....and the vortech is what im looking to do next @ 8 psi i have 03 cobra wheels w/ 315/35/17 in the rears so traction should be there

I really REALLY think that Nightfire just should not comment on anything, it seems like he just loves to rip people apart and its really ****ed up and annoying, stop your ****, he said hes NEW to the STANG world, and anyone of us know what he means by that, enough's enough already.

pacifier.jpg

I figured you needed one with all that crying.....

+1 He has already attacked me.Nightfire you should keep your discourteous
comments to yourself.This guy said he was new to the Ford Mustang world. :mad:
Seeing how the LS1 WS6 was under-rated from the factory and putting
down 310-330 rwhp stock you shouldn't be all that displeased that a
vehicle with more rwhp beat you.They are monsters on the top end and
really come alive after 3rd gear.They are impressive Pontaics no doubt!
I belive you can keep up with some blower/nitrous,stage 2 camshafts,
suspension modifications,and some drag radials or slicks.Your most
important mod will be the driver mod and plenty of practice at your local
track as practice makes perfect! :nice:
What Vortech supercharger are you looking at?

Wow I remeber the days of getting beat by ls1's..... OP you can beat them NA if you please, may take time and practice but very possible. P.I swap and some cams and you should be right there. Get some gears and slicks and let'er rip. Now obviously once the ls1 starts really modding you are screwed there is a guy here running low 9 on motor, the only way to get that fast for you stang is boost and lots of it.

yeah a buddy of mine has a 96 cobra and at the track him and that ws6 ran side by side both cars all stock and this is in the 1/4... mile but i can run with cobra i just dont get it hahahaha but i wanna do a paxton or a vortech for sure and try and get around 375-400 rwhp with a good tune.

Okay alot of guys are telling you to go forced induction which is nice, nitrous can do the same thing without all the pressure to your lbottom end all the time. Also if you do go forced you can not go highier then maybe 6-8psi stock bottom end for too long, without getting forged up and it sounds like you want some real power so you will need forged internals. So this is what I did with my 5.0 and yes I have experiece with the 4.6s and yes a 5.0 is not a 4.6 for all of you winers and cry babies. First good choice on the PI head swap upgrade to a cam that will match what you want to do, when it all comes down to it either qtr. mile or top end speed machine. In some cases you can get alittle bit of both but an 11sec. car is not cheap to drive everyday I know. There are some nice all forged crank, rods, pistons stroker kits for the 4.6's. I would first do that, it covers your bottom end for what you want (and it also adds Hp. but it will in most cases add more Tq. than Hp.) Now you have to decide wether you want a super/turbo charger or nitrous (why? they will have do different things with the pistons and the rings at the machine shop for which setup you choose) personnaly I like nitrous but for you I would go with a super charger most likely from procharger good kits and good results and an intercooler to keep you cooler and I belive they now offer one with the methanol/water injection(from Snow Perf. sprays right into the intercooler) ads power and helps run alittle cooler. Also you will need a new fuel pump, injectors, colder spark plugs, maybe fuel rails, a dyno tune is a must, new springs, sway bars, tires ,and a few more things. The reason I say supercharger for your case is you need low and mid range power, turbos are more mid and top end power reason being they usually do not kick in with full boost till bout 2,500-3000rpm's. But good luck with your build and have fun when your done and with what I suggested you should spank that ws6 unless he is building up why you are then it will be even funner and down to the driver and weight of the car and suspension setup. Also try the stoker kit first and see if that might be what you need to stay n/a. Well there is alot more I could add and go on and on but from what you have read from all here you should be okay just be safe jumping from a 13sec.car to and 11.sec car is another world in it self well there I go keep writting on and on, well have fun be safe and stay Ford.

Yo Nighifire you really are a douche bag, im standing up for all the people you bash on when your set up is NOTHING SPECIAL, grow a set down there in Good Ole Texas and learn some respect son. Time in and time out you do NOTHING BUT BASH, do you have ANYTHING good to say??? EVER?? and you haven't even attacked me personally yet like you have terrorized others on this site, I don't care if your 17 and just driving or 85 and an old timer cruser, learn some damn respect and cut your bs, check yourself before you post. Sorry to the mods and the dmainia, im just sick of this balless bastards bull ****, we come to these forums for help, not to be dissed and bashed by mellow yellow.

nightfire bashed me and i didnt like it, guess what i got over it. hes an alrite guy and knows what hes talkin bout, obtw loved the giant binky thre nightfire. now to the op, dont go FI with PI heads on a NPI motor its already got 10:1 compression n/a you go slappiin a blower on that thing and your askin for BIG trouble. do some nitrous cams and a 125-150 shot and have it nitrous tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.