spanked by auto ws6 what can i do

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just got 3 new bama tunes for all my mods the track is open this tuesday im gonna downloadthe race tune and see if it helps all i know is i pulled him off the line by end of 2nd he was passing and by the end of 3rd he was cars away 5 might be streched but still wasnt pretty i think 50 more whp should get it and who knows this car may not be stock he just says it is but for me its hard to believe cause my buddy has a 2000 c5 vette 6 speed w z06 exhaust and he beat him by half a car

• Sponsors (?)

A stock auto WS6 runs 13.4-13.5 in good weather every time. I've seen it done hundreds of times.

A PI cam/PI intake/3.73 5 speed NPI runs low 14s, maybe an occasional high 13 in good weather. IIRC, 98cobra281 (same mods as the OP plus some) ran like a 14.1 in the Florida heat; I ran a 14.1 in decent weather in my auto (more mods than OP minus gears). So the OP may run a 13.8-13.9, but only if he can drive it there, and it will probably require some sort of drag tires.

Oh yea, just remembered I have a video running one of these cars. I was running PI cams and intake, UDPs, offroad Prochamber, catback, custom SCT tune, and a K&N drop in (definitely as much HP as the OP) along with decent tires, the driver mod, and a good launch. This was one of his worst runs all day, and he beat me by a solid 5 car lengths, maybe a bit more.

YouTube - 1998 Mustang GT vs Camaro SS

So unless the OP REALLY got the jump on him, 5 cars is probably a low estimate.

i know i did get the jump on him, when we got to the art gallery( it was an art class, had to take it lol) he didnt say anything about missing a shift or anything, just that i had a better launch than him, i'll still take it haha, but im still thinking that 5 cars is a lot...

i know i did get the jump on him, when we got to the art gallery( it was an art class, had to take it lol) he didnt say anything about missing a shift or anything, just that i had a better launch than him, i'll still take it haha, but im still thinking that 5 cars is a lot...

I'm not trying to be offensive, but not missing a shift does NOT necessarily mean he has the driver mod....

true true, i havent spoken to that kid in like 5 years, since college, Toretto says it perfectly, it doenst matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning, well it was a tie, but i will still take it haha, the driver does have a lot to do with it no doubt, he seemed like he knew what he was doing, still felt good haha,

Jesus Chris guys, this thread...

I am skipping basically all of the previous posts so sorry if this has been said (I did see the word a few times, so assuming it has).

Get gears and nitrous. If you are worried about your engine taking the nitrous, do a compression test. If it's good, go for it. Run a 100 shot, you don't even have to tune for it if you can't afford the extra money, although it is a good idea.

You'd be lucky to be putting down 210-215rwhp, whereas the WS6 will be putting down close to 300rwhp +/- and is very similar in weight. The PI cams and intake are a help, but PI heads would really help you out in this case. Gears will also make a big difference, and for damn sure a shot of nitrous will.

I have a 100 shot on my GT, with 145k on the stock longblock, bolt ons, gears, and ran within 1/10th of a second of my buddies 440rwhp Z/28 6 speed in the 1/8th mile. His trap speed was better, but I was at his rear quarter panel crossing the line. In the 1/4 he'd have pulled me, but it was what it was. We were both on drag radials, and both 60 footed within 1/1000th of a second of eachother, so it was a fair race for sure.

true true, i havent spoken to that kid in like 5 years, since college, Toretto says it perfectly, it doenst matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning, well it was a tie, but i will still take it haha, the driver does have a lot to do with it no doubt, he seemed like he knew what he was doing, still felt good haha,

trust us he did not have the driver mod, well at least for that run. No matter how good you are you will have some bad passes

Only other thing could be traction issues. If it was colder out he might not have been able to hook at all in any gear.. Even then he should have shot by you like you were stopped above 60.

One time years ago I lost by a bumper to a 99 5 speed gt (in a full 1/4 mile pass).. I was driving a 1988 monte ss with a slipping trans and the original dog 305.. It was not that I was good or my car was faster than it should be.. It was the fact that he managed to run mid 15's in a 13.9 car LOL

true, yeah it was winter...that might have been it!, lol true

Ohh yeah that had a lot to do with it.. cold weather like that favors the heavier slower car with a auto. Even my mustang that has a lot less power than that SS can't hook at all in colder weather. It's seriously pointless to even try to race if it's under 50.

LOL when I first drove my car after putting the heads on it was early march and on a 1-2 upshift it was like I did not even shift it would spin so bad it would stay at redline. the 2-3 was not quite as bad.

just wait till the 2011 gt hit's the street in force > it will more than give the LS1 powered cars a run for there money> untill then I'll keep building my 98 cobra and smoke the one's i can get my claws on
+1 on the nitrous 100hp wet shot it will make you smile every time :)

Wow, are we honestly back to the "LS1 vs. 4.6 2V" debate? I thought we buried that 10 years ago.

Bottom line: LS1 > 2V

There are no "if's", "and's", or "but's" about it. Throw some bolt-ons on the 2V and it narrows the gap, but doesn't even it up. Sure it's fairly close down low in the RPM band but that's due to the better gearing in 2V cars. Heck, throw some steep gears in the 2V and it can leave fbodies behind. However, I've never heard of a race ending in 2nd gear. Up top, the huge power difference comes into play and LS1's walk away easily.

Mildly modded LS1's put down 330+rwhp at least. Even a complete bolt-on heads/cam 2V wouldn't be able to hit that mark. N20 and FI are the only way to go.

I hope I wasn't too harsh for certain pansy members here. If you somehow gather that I was bashing in the above text, I apologize as it was not my intention.

Status
Not open for further replies.