Steve's Megasquirt/tunerstudio Help Thread

@a91what Here's another log, forgive me I was making a few adjustments during it. Also I have added screenshots of a few things I changed I went to my AFR table and changed the idle area from 14.7:1 to 13.6:1 and I also took shots of the advance idle settings, I'm certain I'm missing something here but it didn't seem to work but I wasn't sure where to add the timing changes? I think possibly it could be that I need to turn on secondary ignition load?(see screenshot)
Upload a copy of you tune for review this is much more informative than a screen shot.

The secondary load modifier is for complex ignition setups like maf with map in boost leave it alone.
Your advance idle control need to be linked to closed loop idle. Otherwise it will do its own thing and mess with the IAC.
Your AFR table is a mess. Needs some fixing.
For reference here is my tune file.

you can save individual tables by using the file button when you have them open. then just load the table over yours. [save your table as well so you can easily go back if desired]
my ignition table is setup for power 93 octane and has the cruising ranges adjusted for economy.

Attachments

• Steves tune.msq
    113 KB · Views: 132
  • Sponsors (?)

@a91what do you think this Acer could run tuner studio for MS ? I'm trying to get my ish together.

Pic won't load...

Its an Acer from Walmart

Intel celeron processor
32GB storage
2GB memory
Windows 10 ?
220 bucks

It would be dedicated to MS other than some web browsing. You gave good advice before on this subject....but I can't track down the post.

@a91what do you think this Acer could run tuner studio for MS ? I'm trying to get my ish together.

Pic won't load...

Its an Acer from Walmart

Intel celeron processor
32GB storage
2GB memory
Windows 10 ?
220 bucks

It would be dedicated to MS other than some web browsing. You gave good advice before on this subject....but I can't track down the post.
I run a super cheap Lenovo ideapad 100s 150$ at BestBuy.

looking on ebay found my same laptop for 108.98 shipped. I would jump on that.
Most of the ebay setups are missing the charger. which means they are usually stolen
No eBay stolen stuff coming here. I'm running over to Best Buy in a couple minutes. This thread has opened my eyes to a lot.

I found a laptop that I'm going with. The only difference is really that the screen is touch screen and it flips 180. Does this meet approval.lol
uploadfromtaptalk1470594214528.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
here's latest datalog, the rpm seemed to be better with the fan on but still goes rich. I'm beginning to wonder about my injectors, as I mentioned very early on they were sold to me as 60lb units but have 80lb printed on them, we believed they were 80s and I input the required fuel accordingly, I'm wondering if they aren't 60s? @a91what

Attachments

• 2016-08-07_13.26.28.msl
    3.3 MB · Views: 125
here's latest datalog, the rpm seemed to be better with the fan on but still goes rich. I'm beginning to wonder about my injectors, as I mentioned very early on they were sold to me as 60lb units but have 80lb printed on them, we believed they were 80s and I input the required fuel accordingly, I'm wondering if they aren't 60s? @a91what
@DarrenKK here is a tune with the changes made this will allow the ve table more resolution... I had to increase the fuel by 35% or so...
when the car goes under the fan load it draws more vacuum moving you into a different area of the ve table. this should help with fueling resolution

Attachments

• Darren Tune rev 4.msq
    112.4 KB · Views: 132
Reactions: 1 user
@DarrenKK Sorry man i was looking thru the changes i made this morning and i should have drank more coffee before i posted that tune up. i took your REQ fuel the wrong way.

Here is the correct tune file THIS should increase the resolution.

Attachments

• Darren Tune rev 4.5.msq
    112.5 KB · Views: 115
Reactions: 1 user
Hi Steve, I tried your tune out (first startup log is attached). It works great except for somewhat drastic hunting until it gets to 180*F then smooth idle then after 185*F the fan comes on and again, it starts hunting little bit. You can see in the log I played around with timing a little and found that the idle advance setting feature keeps the smoothest idle. Also it idles just a tad rich, but I can change that. What do you think?

Attachments

• FirstStartup(Steve'sTune).msl
    5.3 MB · Views: 101
Latest datalog....
Just got done looking thru the datalog. that is weird, nothing changes except that the fan comes on... the AFR drops then comes back up..... where do you have the wb +12v and Ground? just to rule out a power draw issue... try connecting the wb +12 straight to the battery and the Ground common with the ECU. you may need to take a jumper from ecu ground to the battery negative. { you can hook this up temp just to rule it out]

Go in and shut off the idle advance correction it needs more tuning and is messing with the idle. Also take a turn or Two out of the TB stop plate the IAC cant idle the car down into range you want 850ish warm.
Next time the car is cold start the WARM UP ENRICHMENT auto tune before you start the car so it can run and adjust the warm up fueling... your tune is getting closer, idle is the HARDEST area to tune.

Hi Steve, I tried your tune out (first startup log is attached). It works great except for somewhat drastic hunting until it gets to 180*F then smooth idle then after 185*F the fan comes on and again, it starts hunting little bit. You can see in the log I played around with timing a little and found that the idle advance setting feature keeps the smoothest idle. Also it idles just a tad rich, but I can change that. What do you think?
Holy oscillations. the idle settings are way to touchy. i reduced them and smoothed the ve table. try this out and let me know with a datalog. [If this issue persists try flipping the IAC]

Attachments

• sending BranSVT a tune ..msq REV 2.msq
    112.5 KB · Views: 108
@a91what ive been following this thread for awhile, and honestly I don't understand a lot of it lol, kinda far off from now I plan to upgrade to the MS. In the meantime is like to read up on/study as much as I can about set up, tuning and assembly. Could you recommend some sites to start with?

Holy oscillations. the idle settings are way to touchy. i reduced them and smoothed the ve table. try this out and let me know with a datalog. [If this issue persists try flipping the IAC]
I know, it's so annoying.. I'll try it out and get a log. What do you mean by "flip the IAC"? Also, could the hunting be because of WUE?