STOPLIGHT WITH A SKYLINE R32

kj99

Founding Member
Sep 2, 1999
Spartanburg SC
I was going home yesterday and came up behind a car that read skyline on the back. Had a decent size can on it for a muffler. I pull up beside him at the next light and asked what year it was. He said it was a 95 skyline r32 that came from japan. It was also a right hand drive. Then traffic started going and I didn't get any power #s from him. So what kind of power are these cars pushing, and would I have been left in the dust if we would have jumped on it.

Has anyone ran a skyline r32

• Sponsors (?)

R32 Skyline GT-R featured a twin turbocharged 2.8L Inline 6. Stock it was rated at 280HP and 260lb-ft of torque, but like the 390HP Cobra... it was underrated from the factory. A few tweaks to the tune and it could easily be putting down 500 horses to the wheels.

The R32 GT-R was the car that beat out everything that Porsche could throw at it around the Nurbrugring circuit. They never appeared in the states, but a very bitchin car in Japan, UK, and Australia.

kj99 said:
I was going home yesterday and came up behind a car that read skyline on the back. Had a decent size can on it for a muffler. I pull up beside him at the next light and asked what year it was. He said it was a 95 skyline r32 that came from japan. It was also a right hand drive. Then traffic started going and I didn't get any power #s from him. So what kind of power are these cars pushing, and would I have been left in the dust if we would have jumped on it.

Has anyone ran a skyline r32
You can't outrun ugly lol.

Was it GT-R?
Not all Skyline was mighty giant. Just like we have Sixer Mustang, they had some .....dog of engine too

this were R32's line up
GXi Type-X - 1.8 L CA18i I4, 91 hp(YES 91HP!)
GTE Type-X - 2.0 L RB20E I6, 125 hp
GTS Type-X, S, J - 2.0 L I6 155 hp (most common. Also was mostcommonly used as police car. Not by highway patrol)
GTS-25 Type-X, S, XG - 2.5 L RB25DE DOHC I6, 180 hp
GTS-t Type-M - 2.0 L RB20DET turbo I6, 212 hp
GTS-4 - 2.0 L RB20DET turbo I6, 212 hp 4WD
GT-R - 2.6 L RB26DETT twin-turbo I6, 280 hp 4WD also NISMO, VSPEC and VSPECII variants (some are used as highway highspeed persute car)

Just because its Skyline, does not mean its GT-R..
Most i've seen for sale or whatever is GT-S type M, and some GT-S 4.
Most of automaticaly think its mighty GT-R. Infact, i have yet to see GT-R of any type in US yet

mity2 said:
Was it GT-R?
Not all Skyline was mighty giant. Just like we have Sixer Mustang, they had some .....dog of engine too

this were R32's line up
GTS Type-X, S, J - 2.0 L I6 155 hp (most common. Also was mostcommonly used as police car. Not by highway patrol)
GT-R - 2.6 L RB26DETT twin-turbo I6, 280 hp 4WD also NISMO, VSPEC and VSPECII variants (some are used as highway highspeed persute car)

Most of automaticaly think its mighty GT-R. Infact, i have yet to see GT-R of any type in US yet

I don't think it was a GT-R. He only said it was a r32 and didn't mention anything about GT-R. :shrug:

It looked really basic, nothing really wild on it other than the muffler can.

mity2 said:
Was it GT-R?

this were R32's line up

theres 2 guys where i live that import them and one of them has a 99 R34 w/ a Neo6 RB25 in it... as well as a R34 V-SpecII AND one of the Midnight Purple color... he got one recently that has dual Apex'i 60-1's on it... if you ever see one just listen to the sound of the Amazing Inline six...

and they never offerd a 2.8L it was RB20 RB25 and RB26 2.0L 2.5L and 2.6L respectivly... also there are a few RB20swapped S13 240sx's around ehre that will get down pretty good :)

RoadconeTuning said:
this guy said he would let a R34 GT-S auto go for 35k...

most of his stuff is in the 20-30k for stock non GT-R but his WILD stuff is in the 90-120k range.

thats about avg price i've seen. Probrem is How do u service them? I'm sure you can't really get any parts at local Napa right?