STREET/strip suspension setup

mattfleming

Mar 22, 2004
Okay.. my GT is going to be a street strip car. However, i would prefer good handling and stiff suspension. I know with a drag racing setup it transfers weight to the back, and with a road racing setup weight transfer is kept more minimal. What are some parts I can buy/upgrade that will help both cornering AND 60' times? I have heard many good things about the BBK progressive springs for drag.. how are they for cornering?? Will they work well in autoX? What about shocks? Will going to a more agressive dampening shock cause worse 60'? What about control arms?
give me some insight guys. I would GREATLY appreciate it. I do not want to sacrifice handling and street manners for the strip, and i dont want to kill my 60' to corner.. Id like some good balance.

• Sponsors (?)

Is this car going to be a daily driver? Are you trying to have an auto-x car and a dragger?

On one of my cars I had the Eibach drag springs, Lakewood 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, removed front sway bar, 15x3.5 fronts, 15x9 in rear.

Very nice ride. Back end was hard over speed bumps. I knew it had15x3.5 rims in front so I didn't take corners hard. I also drove this car daily for over 2 years this way.

Chad

No.. the car is going to be a weekend/special occasion type car. I want the handling slightly more than I want the drag setup. I would like to run auto X and have a good stiff suspension that is nice for donuts.. However I don't wanna go to the track and have a 2.6 60'! I know its hard to have both, but there have to be some products/parts that help both. what about stiffening the chassis? Sub frame connectors, etc. Any insight?