Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

I was getting ready to ask what happened to the silver lol that looks pretty sweet, would it be restrictive?
Hah, it a guy's car that lives by me, and it's gorgeous. It wouldnt be resitrictive as it is a larger diameter than the stock tubing and has mandrel bends for smooth flow. For a stock displacement engine that will eventually make 320 +/- hp, it will be fine.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

So I got home and wet sanded the bay and laid down a second coat of color. I am 100% satisfied with how it turned out. Will post a video I took in the morning.

Reactions: 1 users
Chipping away at the wire tucking and re-routing still. Having to make some repairs as I go:

F3Hhyk.jpg

Made a bracket to hold the solenoid and horn mount:

cllDzX.jpg

Taming the jungle.

chUBpb.jpg

I have since ground down the welds and painted the bracket, made repairs to the fuseable links, and a couple of other little odds and ends. Still have a little ways to go. I'm dragging my feet until I can afford to buy a new battery and the cable needed to relocate the battery to the trunk.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeesh... I've not even beGUN to untangle. Cuz military, I retained smog... all of it. Never knew what the rules would be at next base. :nonono: Even my 3-way cats have caused a stir at one location.

Next time that motor comes out.... I'm going in with a MF machete. I'll send up a flare if it's about to consume me.

I'm keeping my cats and maybe EGR (if can find 80mm) but everything else is history.

I think you are fine with that mount, but the solenoid grounds itself through its mount. Not sure if you used a piece of aluminum or steel for that mount.

Joe

Did you have to extend ou tthe wires in the passenger side for the MAF, lights, etc.
No. I have not had to cut anything other than the wires that needed to be replaced. With that said, my MAF will also be located in the fender well negating the need to do so. Everything else has fit so far, but I am not far enough along to feel confident in saying that I won't need to.

Edit - I did have to peel the wires for the coil and A/C clutch out of the harness and run them back into the engine bay, but still didn't need to cut them.

Edit 2 - When I get ready to button everything up, I'll make a video showing how everything is routed. But each harness passes through a hole in the back of the strut tower. Passenger side goes behind the strut, driver side goes on the outside without any clearance issues. How they are permanently secured is still a loose end I need to sort, but most of the wires are connected and where they need to be, short of the wires for the fans, which can pretty much go anywhere.

Looking forward to seeing how you get it done, I've had rubbing problems with my street tires on the driver's side wire bundle. Might just need to extend the bastards and move it up higher, but want to see if it's a routing issue.