The mysterious buried clutch pedal saga... urgent, plz help

Mar 31, 2005
ok, i adjusted my steeda fwa the other day because it was getting closer and closer to the floor... it seemed strange to me since a worn clutch will wear the other way... but now every time i drive the car i need to keep pushing my foot throught the floorboards to engage each gear (esp. 1st) what could it be? i know the adjuster isnt slipping at all.. but it even still got so bad that i got stuck at a light today since i couldnt engage 1st gear... my only thoughts are that its part of the cable gradually wearing apart as time goes on... now at a very rapid pace... should i just go to the dealership tomorrow to get an OEM cable?... BTW it was a STEEDA adjustable recommended by 5.0resto in place of the OEM one... :doh: and no, the adjuster at the clutch fork isnt slipping at all... thanks,
Kyle

• Sponsors (?)

check for slack in the cable, that will cause your clutch to engage too low. Could be that your cable is about to fail (streching excessively) or your FWA is slipping. THose are the only things I know of that can cause this problem since you say the cable is not shifting at the clutch lever.

Use your FWA and or your cable adjustment to tighten the cable until the clutch engages at a reasonable place. Dont make it too tight tho or the clutch will slip.

get a cable from maximum motorsports.com they have an oem quality cable for a great price. i was having similar troubles as your having with my cable stretching. the max motorsports cable solved the problem

If you have a Steeda quadrant, IIRC, an OEM cable might not even fit (or maybe I'm thinking of foxes)...............

If it works, the MM cable the guys mentioned is a nice piece.

to put this to a rest... there is an aftermarket quad as well so no adjustment there, i hope the ford one works because i bought one today which will be in tomorrow... i would have gotten the MM one, but i need my car for tomorrow, i mgiht bo goin to the4 track and its my only ride...ill keep ya updated if it doesnt work