The universal answer to any tech question on Stanget is...

• Sponsors (?)

SaleenGT2001 said:
:shrug: that one is kinda funny b/c i did 2k worth of damage by not having the stops in, and since i put them in i have done $0 in damage. i might get flamed for it but i will always install the stops from now on. if they are put in properly they cant do any damage, they'll just save you from a bent fork!

sorry but somthing else caused the damage in your tranny.. unless the factory stop was INOP for some reason.. All tremec built trannys have built in stops..

TREMEC themselfs says not to use the stops, I have personally fixed a couple of transmissions that have had damage due to misadjusted stops.

it was caused by an over shift which bent the fork. i know exactly when it happened b/c i was pissed when the car unlocked off the line and i hit 2nd HARD! after that pass there was no more 2nd gear. if the stops had been in i couldnt have overshifted it to begin with, at least that is my understanding of it. i know they have "internal stops" but i still managed to find a way around those and cause some major damage.