This idiot at oreillys auto parts

ganador01

Founding Member
Jan 21, 2002
Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
I went in yesterday to get a set of normal copper plugs because im removing the nitrous for the rest of the year until summer. I want to get the normal plug and gap it back to .054 to get the most outta gas... So i go in there and the guy tells me my car calls for a platinum plug. He says they start out at like 3.49 a piece at the one I was at. I'm like "Oh really?" . I then tell him that my v6 mustang didn't require platinum plugs back in 1997, why does it now? He says its always called for platinum plugs. I then tell him that it didn't come with a platinum plug from the factory but he still tells me it requires a platinum plug.

I tell the guy to go get me a motorcraft plug and he "didnt have any". I think tell him that im leaving unless he goes and gets me a copper plug. I ask for a champion and he finally figures out that he happens to have a champion plug in that number. Friggin idiots, i know they are trying to make sells but holding onto a lie for that long is just stupid.

Has anyone else had this experience? I.e. someone telling them their car needs "platinum plugs"

• Sponsors (?)

I've never had plug BS go down in a store, and quite frankly, I'd call the guy a nasty name and then just leave if I ever ran into that situation.

After I put my gears in my 98, I went and found a speed trap to get clocked and see if my speedo was close after I set it. The cops obliged me, but after I stopped to thank them, the guy gave me a hard time about why I didn't need to calibrate the speedo. I started to argue with him, told him that may be the case with the Chevy POS he was cruising around in, but is not with my car. Obviously, he figured he knew everything because he is a cop. Moron. :nonono:

Anyway, I wouldn't bother going back to that store again. Write a nasty-gram to that store's HQ too.

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

Well i ran into that situation once when i took my car to a mechanic once just for a welding job, well he started telling me all this bull**** that my car can only use platinum plugs i was like just weld the damn pipe so i can get the heck outa here. I never did understand why he was saying that but i know it was for money, lol