Thoughts and opinions on 1993 Cobra ...

• Sponsors (?)

Looks pretty clean to me. The quality of the pictures suck though, and they're not helping show it in a really nice light :shrug:

I'm betting it doesn't have 1,022,642 miles :rolleyes:

RUNINAGT said:
realy is it because they made less in that color.:shrug: I dont know

They only made black, red, and teal right?????:shrug:
Correct.

copied from www.1993Cobra.com
http://www.1993cobra.com/data.htm

Colors/Trim

"There were only 3 exterior color options available for the 93 Cobra. They include Black, Red and Teal. There is technical information to support a non clear coated version of Vibrant red only of which found their way on 9 Cobra's. Exterior color codes were:

UA: Black Clearcoat

RD: Teal Metallic Clearcoat

ES: Vibrant Red Clearcoat

EY: Vibrant Red non Clearcoat"

Black:
Black ext / Black Cloth: 448
Black ext / Gray cloth: 327
Black ext / Gray Leather: 1079

Red (Includes Cobra R):
Red ext / Black cloth: 362
Red ext / Gray cloth: 522
Red ext / Gray leather: 1007

Teal:
Teal ext / Black Cloth: 185 (Considered the Rarest excluding the 9 that got the non clear coated version of Vibrant red)
Teal ext / Gray cloth: 368
Teal ext / Gray leather: 802

it looks pretty legit but i am wondering about the six digit odo. mine certainly does not have that and i don't see why they'd make a special odo for a cobra.
another thing i like is how the window button arrows aren't worn off and the side curtains on the door don't look too bad.
by the way teal is the best color of the three in case there was any doubt :)

i looked on autotrader at about five different cobras and they ALL have five digit odometers. not only this if you take a good look at the two they are completely different looking. this is a very late production cobra so it's possible they switched to another type. the price is rather low as well in doing my research. good luck.

how other cobras look:
760254081.206135508.IM1.04.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

this one:
09_3.jpg

i'm not saying this reason alone to not buy but beware.

RUNINAGT said:
idareu thanks again for the info, need to change your name to cobraknowledge
*LOL* :nice: I have just spent a loooong time looking up info on Cobras.

sodaking663rd said:
i looked on autotrader at about five different cobras and they ALL have five digit odometers. not only this if you take a good look at the two they are completely different looking. this is a very late production cobra so it's possible they switched to another type. the price is rather low as well in doing my research. good luck.

how other cobras look:
760254081.206135508.IM1.04.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

this one:
09_3.jpg

i'm not saying this reason alone to not buy but beware.

Just went the garage and looked at mine, it's a 5 digit. I need to call Ford and get a new build certificate becuase I need to know what my production number was. I'm going to do a little more searching and see if they did put a 6 digit in the 93 Cobra's towards the end.

Million Mile Odometer

Apparently this was a dealer installed mandatory option in a couple of states, NY DSO (District Sales Offices) being one for example. Not sure which DSO this Cobra came from but that would explain the odometer

If you look at the window sticker, you will see this under the list of options on the right hand side.

View attachment 451668

Heck, I learned something today. :D