V3 Install Under Way Finally

• Sponsors (?)

84Ttop sold me the V3 kit and Pro M Maf for my 30lb injectors. He also sold me the SCT chip which he pre programmed for initial setup. In all fairness to him, I changed the equation by going from a 6" blower drive to a 6.87" blower drive. It seems to me that this might be the thing that bumped his initial settings slightly under par. The extra boost from the larger pulley affected fuel delivery on the top end. So initially, it seems that bumping the pressure up is a quick remedy. In the end, I may be driving it to NJ for some dyno tuning.

Does this make sense?

84Ttop, is it acceptable for me to run higher pressure to find the sweet spot given the combo of things I currently have, or, am I suffering any loss by not re burning the chip?

84Ttop sold me the V3 kit and Pro M Maf for my 30lb injectors. He also sold me the SCT chip which he pre programmed for initial setup. In all fairness to him, I changed the equation by going from a 6" blower drive to a 6.87" blower drive. It seems to me that this might be the thing that bumped his initial settings slightly under par. The extra boost from the larger pulley affected fuel delivery on the top end. So initially, it seems that bumping the pressure up is a quick remedy. In the end, I may be driving it to NJ for some dyno tuning.

Does this make sense?

84Ttop, is it acceptable for me to run higher pressure to find the sweet spot given the combo of things I currently have, or, am I suffering any loss by not re burning the chip?
Raising the base pressure in essence is doing the exact same thing as what an FMu does under boost except you don't have yours at 80 psi yet lol . The chip is still gonna try an go for its programmed parameters to meet what it's told it should be AFR wise . It sounds like by how little it's off that the extra boost could be causing it to run slightly lean . Either way the ride to the dyno is well worth it in my opinion .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Also, I reported earlier in this thread that it was way lean at idle initially. That is actually wrong I think. It was just an initial start up condition where the PCM was figuring things out. Initially it was actually surging back and forth between rich and lean. It fixed itself on that respect.

Like I said though, right now, at 50psi (setting with vacuum line disconnected), it gets to 12:1 AF at WOT.

You have that fmu still? Slap a 6:1 disc in it, or tune it if it's a super fmu. To get the afr down a bit. It's archaic but will work just fine.

I still have the FMU that came with the kit. Would installing that be a better alternative that raising overall rail pressure like I've done so far?

I'm not suggesting adding an FMu . That's the point of having a chip , real injectors and the pump to supply it . I was just comparing what you were doing raising the pressure to what a FMu does to the Injectors as its working . FMu is a bandaid . I'm sure nick can fix you right up with the turn aspect of it as it seems the table in boost up top just needs to be richend up some more .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not suggesting adding an FMu . That's the point of having a chip , real injectors and the pump to supply it . I was just comparing what you were doing raising the pressure to what a FMu does to the Injectors as its working . FMu is a bandaid . I'm sure nick can fix you right up with the turn aspect of it as it seems the table in boost up top just needs to be richend up some more .

I agree but it will let him drive the car safely for now until the tune is done.

What heat range plugs are in it?

I'm ok with a 12:1 af with only 6 lbs but base timing needs to be 10 degrees. Typically 11.8 is the goal for great performance, 11.3-11.5 keeps you in the super safe zone imho

Reactions: 1 users
If the base pressure is raised, then the computer will just shorten the duty cycle at lower rpm, it will not cause it to run rich.....that is unless you have some huge amount of fuel pressure, way above where he is now. I suspect that the injectors are about maxed out if he is needing fuel pressure to get the AFR richer.

Joe

Reactions: 1 users
If the computer can learn to cut the pulse width for cruise and idle as Joe says, I see nothing wrong with a few more lbs of rail pressure to get me in the sweet spot at WOT. I don't need much. .5 in the AF is all the additional I really need. Slight FP adjustment should bring that. Gonna set timing to 10 tomorrow and bump up pressure a tad more.

Heck, all of the testing I've been doing so far has been at 12 degrees initial timing. Cutting it back to 10 can only make the top end a bit happier.

Reactions: 1 user