wemt to the gas station today.

ADRENLN

Apr 16, 2003
NJ
i was in search for some normal gas, not ethonol. here in nj we are getting the ethonol suff. anyway i pull into the citco station down the road. this is owned by indian people. guy comes over and i ask him if there is ethonol in the gas as i didnt see any sticker on the pump.

he says no. why do you want ethonol? i said no and told him to fill it up.

he then said that the ethonol thing is PA not NJ. i know this is wrong because i put ethonlo in last week by accident and have seen it at many stations around here. he says "never ethonol, i will never get ethonol....just gasoline."

either he dont know what is going on or hes just supporting the gas from other countries as long as he can. i will be gasing the stang there though.

another thing i thought i noticed a power decrease with the ethonol, but car felt the same with the so called normal 93 gas in it.

• Sponsors (?)

That's cool at least you were able to find a gasoline station that
doesn't have ethanol is their gas.Because in my area I can't get
away from 10% enthanol at gasoline stations it's everywhere and
I can't seem to find a gasoline station anywhere that doesn't have
10% enthanol in the gas.Also the highest octane you can get around
my area is 91 octane.You are lucky you can get 93 octane because
I can't.

yes i am happy to get 93...we used to have 94 but its gone now. the station that had 94 switched to ethonol. go figure.

i cant say that the ethonol does not cause power loss though as my mistake fill up with ethonol was mixed with normal fuel in the first place. that i assume diluted the ethonol content.

from what im reading on the internet the 10% blends are reducing hp....that is really bad.

im all for helping the environment but dont take away my hp im spending tons of money on! :mad:

Yea, around here, Sunoco was the only station that had 94, which is what my dad runs in his Nova...so i went out one day to get some parts at Autozone, and get some gas in a can for his car, and when i pulled into the Sunoco station and asked for 94, the guy gave me a funny look and said, "We don't carry 94 anymore dog, its causing too many peoples motors to blow up." What a fool

Here is a map of the areas that are under the ethanol blend mandate:

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/rfg/whereyoulive.htm

As far as I know, this mandate covers the "regular" (i.e. lowest) octane gasoline only. If you're using the higher, it may or may not contain the blend. It's up to the distributor and the station.

If you're not in one of the mandated areas, you still may be getting E10. You need to check the pump for the signage.

wannabe2000GT said:
so if the car runs fine, theres nothing wrong with running the ethenol? i havent noticed anything with my car runing bad and i just found out about this E10

its fine as long as higher performing vehicles are tuned correctly(like urs)

mines somewhat stock so i dont worry about it..ive been running 10% for about 2 yrs now in my car since ive gotten it with 80k on the clock

if your worried about it go dyno it or if u have a handheld tuner check it out

wannaba....what other mods do you have and what psi are you running on the blower.

if you are running ethonol and your numbers are not where they should be, that will tell us if it is effecting the cars hp in a neg. manner.