What hidden **** have you found in your used Mustang

On a different note sort of ... when I worked at a Chevy dealership we had a customer bring a new car that had a "rattling" sound in the trunk. Long story short, it turned out to be a beer bottle inside of the rear quarterpanel with a note attached "I bet it took you forever to find this ****" ... Some angry assembly line worker or somethin' ... I thought it was funny

i was reading a Hot Rod or PHR magazine and they found the same thing in a old camaro. they were tearing the car apart for a acid dip and found a beer can from a brewery right by the factory.

i found some business cards and a pencil and a license plate. i ran the VIN number through the state computer and found out that it had "HELSBAT" and "LATER2" for license plates before i got it.

• Sponsors (?)

That's nuts because this was a camaro also. It was like a 2001 (maybe 02) ... interesting.

this was in a 60s, maybe early 70s camaro. i forget the exact facroty, but the brand of beer was brewed like right next to the factory.

i had a 05 Cavalier come in for a oil change/rotate a few days ago and i noticed that it didnt have an endlink on the swaybar on the passengers side. nothing was broken, it just wasnt there, no signs of it ever being there.

this was in a 60s, maybe early 70s camaro. i forget the exact facroty, but the brand of beer was brewed like right next to the factory.

i had a 04 or 05 Cavalier come in for a oil change/rotate a few days ago and i noticed that it didnt have an endlink on the swaybar on the passengers side. nothing was broken, it just wasnt there, no signs of it ever being there.

Back in the old days in the 1950's a lot of the 55-57 Chevy's had a rattle coming from the rocker panels. The rocker panel on one of these particular cars was cut open and guess what they found in it? A beer bottle. I guess that assembly line workers used to stuff the rocker panels of some of the 55-57 Chevy's with empty beer bottles. This is not anything new. It's been going on for the last 50 years.

On a different note sort of ... when I worked at a Chevy dealership we had a customer bring a new car that had a "rattling" sound in the trunk. Long story short, it turned out to be a beer bottle inside of the rear quarterpanel with a note attached "I bet it took you forever to find this ****" ... Some angry assembly line worker or somethin' ... I thought it was funny

my service manager told me the same story, but his bottle was in the square channel of the frame. i think its a load of :bs: , but he swears he held on under the truck while someone drove it down the road to find the noise!

The only thing I found in the Mustang, was a pair of scissors wedged between the passenger seat and the trans tunnel. That seat did't move very far when I first got the car, so I did some investigation one day. Found the scissors all wedged up in the track. They had cut the side of the seat up pretty good, too. After cutting my hand up real bad and bleeding all over the place, I finally got them out.

In regards to the beer bottle thing; when I was working for Roush Industries, reworking 05 Grand Cherokees and Dakotas, you would find all sorts of things wedged here and there. I found a soggy pack of cigarettes in an air silencer once. We had to make sure the trucks were completely vibration/squeak free on the interior. The crazy German guys that were running the show were anal about that sort of thing. Most rattles were simple to figure out, but we ended up having one truck that kicked our asses. Long story short, it turned out to be a pair of 10mm nut rolling back and forth between two sheets of rippled steel that was laid in for the floorboard. It was nuts.

my service manager told me the same story, but his bottle was in the square channel of the frame. i think its a load of :bs: , but he swears he held on under the truck while someone drove it down the road to find the noise!

I saw this bottle .. It was a Bud Light bottle that had the cap pressed back on (after someone drank it/poured it out). The note was taped around the bottle on all four sides of the paper. Now I guess that the tech (a good friend of mine) could have pranked himself then got extremely pissed off but I doubt it.

Plus, I watched the service writer that wrote up the ticket, tell the customer that it was a beer bottle ... it was craziness.

I got mine from a Chevy dealer, the original owner (really cool guy, in his 60's) traded it in on a brand new GMC work truck. Anyways, the only thing I found in the car was an old insurance card wedged between the passenger seat and the seatbelt, in between it and a tape case, Lynard Skynard!! So he had good taste in music. It was interesting to see that the guy who owned my car also had a '01 Cobra, and a '04 Vette.

I found:

Steering wheel cover with flowers on it (trunk)
Lug locks (spare compartment)
Lug lock key (glove compartment)
Toothpicks (driver side door thingy)

AND A SHEET OF PAPER THAT SAID THE STRUTS HAD BEEN CHANGED AT 149,xxx MILES IN OCTOBER OF 2003!!! It also had a credit card number, address, names, expiration date (which had already expired, darnit!), and license plate #.

My odometer when I bought the car said 76,xxx!!!