What's Going On Here???

Svtpilot

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2002
Long Island, NY
-The automotive press has started testing the 2018 Mustang GT and bone stock and on stock rubber with the new 10spd auto in dragstrip mode they are reporting it runs a high 11sec quarter mile
- a new Bullit Mustang is coming
- a new GT500 seems to be a reality
I come here to see what people have to say about it and .....crickets.
When news of the 03-04 SVT Cobra and the 13-14 GT500 broke these boards were on fire.
I'm not an S550 owner I have 2012 Boss 302 and I'm excited and here ....silence. I don't get it. I guess FB is killing this page too.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Well. All I can say is the new 2018 is on my list of cars. Sadly, I just don't know if I can afford one. I may end up with a used WRX. I would die for a 2018 GT with a 401A package with the active exhaust. Then add tires later that I want.

As far as crickets go. I know what you mean. I am searching desperately to find info on the Ecoboost real 0-60 results, and there is simply nothing out there. All I keep hearing from reading the press articles is less than 5 secs, but no real timed attempts. It's driving me nuts.

Have you by chance seen any real 2018 Ecoboost 0-60 results?

No I have not. So far the only testing I have seen I for the GT

Yep.. that's all I've seen too. In fact, the only thing I've heard about the Eco-BOOM lately, is the recall of 2,000+ Mustangs, because the 201A package digital dash isn't communicating with the 10sp tranny the way it's supposed to, and causing some potential problems. Not surprised. It's so many fancy Gizmos in one car, it's getting ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 user
The Bullitt is getting a lot of discussion on some other sites, but I agree, not seeing too much about the '18 GT in general.

Personally, I think that may partly be because the price tag is now around $48K for a GT Premium with auto, Magneride & Performance Pack II - that's awfully expensive for a Mustang that doesn't have the name Shelby or Cobra attached to it & I wonder if the price tag is pushing it into "old geezer" land & not something 20 & 30 year olds are excited about.

OK, maybe I should reiterate. I "could" buy just about anything up to getting a nice new Audi A7. A lot of us on the forum can. Heck, if I really pushed it, I could get myself a nice new Porsche 911 for $100k+. Might have to sell a couple organs though. But, I'm not paying that much for a car (it's the cheap bastard in me). Just because a lot of us have the money to do it, doesn't mean we see it as a product worth that much money. What our desires determine in how much we think our hobbies are worth it or not, is strictly up to each individual.