where to find R302 Block?

• Sponsors (?)

You can get them from Ford. A good machine shop should also be able to get you one as well as several well know engine shops. New they cost about 1600.00 and need about 1000.00 worth of machine work before they can be used.

I too would go with a Dart block unless you can find a used one for a good price.

The block is very strong, should be the last one you ever buy. On top of that the R302 really had no comp. until the Dart came along so Ford got to name the price.

Local guy built a 331 turbo car with one of these blocks and it made an estimated 1200 HP.

stock blocks start cracking at around 500 horses, r blocks the sky is the limit. you might think that they are just for race cars, but even mild turbo kits will snap blocks, and its a requirement to upgrade. There is also a Sportsman block from ford that is stronger than the stock blocks, and also older blocks (70 down) after being machined, have more nickel than stock, and are stronger.

I'd also suggest a DART over the R302 for a few reasons, better oiling, stronger mains, larger bore capability, less expensive to machine in the begining, etc...

Brian @ www.adperformance.com [email protected] has good pricing, we have a 302 based DART block on the way for our 93 Cobra. They retail right around $2000 shipped.

I personally have a SVO 351 block for my DR combo and don't expect any issues with 4 digit power numbers.

Tell Brian Rick sent ya...

man those are expensive as hell. Do you think i would be able to find a DART block for cheaper? If so where at? I have checked the dart website but they were asking about $2000 for em and thats not cheack seeing as im aon a budget here. Is there any place i can get a shortblock already assembled using a dart or r302 block?

ya i cant decide between one of those or a 351 i really like the thought of careing over my 185cc heads over to a 408 being blown and get ed to burn me another cam later on down the road. do they make a stronger block then just the regular 351?