Why bother with teh regular bolt-ons?

• Sponsors (?)

hotmustang331 said:
Well to get that HP, lets see. And note you can spend ALOT less on this stuff, but I bought good products.

JLT= 150
TB= 180
plenum=140
E Water pump= 300
U/D pulleys= 140
LTs=500
X pipe=200
Catback= 350
VT stg 1 cams= 549
windage trey W/ gaskets= 100
Tune=350
Chip I bought well before tune (wasted money really)= 325

About $3300. If you get stg 2 cams + 200 for springs, you would make about 300 or maybe a hair more.

Now with EVERYTHING including rims, gears, tubular K member, shifter, ect...I spent about $5500. Basically id have a bone stock GT with a 9PSI KB on it + then would need a tune from MPH =600. Then you will want gauges to keep an eye on everything (good 2-300) Im guessing it would make about 365RWHP cool. Hot on the street would be closer to 350. By the time you dial in the KB and get everything safe you will probably be looking at around $6500. Plus my car would weigh around 3500 vs 3250 now.

I honestly dont think it would be much faster, id say it would trap 110-111 if I was lucky. Would run like a stock terminator. (they go 106-111 down here...and they may be modded) So im happy with the way I went :shrug:. I have a good looking car that stands out and is pretty darn quick.
Very well put!:)

^ Then prepare for me to drive circles are you! LOL...well until you learn how to drive that manual :rlaugh: ....then its curtains for me :( .

Mind telling us how much you spent so I can feel better about being 100HP down?

hotmustang331 said:
^ Then prepare for me to drive circles are you! LOL...well until you learn how to drive that manual :rlaugh: ....then its curtains for me :( .

Mind telling us how much you spent so I can feel better about being 100HP down?

I've spent about $12K on the stang. That includes ALL mods (KB & bolt ons, suspension, exterior, interior, etc.) and labor.

Actually, a good chunk of that came from labor alone. I RAELLY wish I had skills to do my own work. i could've saved a lot of $$$ and used it for more mods.

I feel better now :) . Yea Tim and Andy dont work for apples and bannas huh lol. Doing the work ourselves saved me a TON of money! I probably would have spent a good 10K. They say to usually double the price of the product for the instalation.

02LaserRed2V said:
Um, no...we're not. I'd rather be a crappy driver with a blown stang that can still wax M3s and LS1s, than a crappy driver with a bolt on stang that can't even beat stage 1 SRT4s. :)
no those issues are because of people who cant drive for ****. SRT4s are a joke. Ls1's are getting older and most are mid 13 second cars.

dont believe all the internet hype people.

hotmustang331 said:
Stock is about 225 and now im at 292. Thats a 67RWHP gain :shrug: . Really thats pretty good I think :shrug: . I gained over 12MPH in the 1/4 too.

yeah man your car is sick. you got all that power, without adding the weight of a supercharger, intercooler, plumbing etc. Personally, I will be going your route and staying N/A with lots of bolt ons, more satisfaction for me :)

02LaserRed2V said:
Um, no...we're not. I'd rather be a crappy driver with a blown stang that can still wax M3s and LS1s, than a crappy driver with a bolt on stang that can't even beat stage 1 SRT4s. :)

There were quite a few blown Stangs (including '03/'04 Cobras) that lost to my bolt-on GT. So you can have your blown Stang, be a crappy driver, and you still aren't going to win against those cars.

attachment.php

CatmanJJ said:
Ha, I always loved that pic, wasn't there a vid of it at some point as well? :nice:

Yeah, I've got the video from that day with some of my runs. Sadly there were quite a few Cobras there that never broke into the 12's all day long and it was 39*F so they couldn't blame it on heatsoak.

the problem with just going to a supercharger is you open up a can of worms. You car will run great for a little but almost everyone with a blower at some point has blown there motor. I dont care how good of a tune etc. You still are going to end up getting the rest of the bolt on's so why not due it first when you are paying off the car, and figuring what path you want to go with the car. I like the n/a route personally. There is nothing like running just as fast as a blower car. Last time at the track there was a kid with basicly the same stuff as me minus cams but he had mph vortech kit. He was running 12.4x all day. I was running 12.5x. Yea tech i lost but he had a lot of respect for my n/a hanging in with him. I'll take a n/a car knowing i dont have to save for that motor anytime soon

oh yea almost forget dont forget the key you can have all the power in the world but you need to hook. A fast car needs a couple key things traction, weight, and driver.

mogs01gt said:
If you are loosing to srt4s, learn how to drive or get the right mods.

I NEVER lost to an SRT4, though I know a couple 400+hp Neons that could take me. But I do see bolt-on stangs get their butts kicked all the time at the track. Sure, the stang owners probably arent the best drivers in the world. But excuses aside, they still get with regularity. Of course, it may be different where you live.

Anyways, I'm not going to turn this...or continue on, with the blown versus N/A argument. In the end, all that matters is I'm as happy with my FI setup as you guys are staying N/A.

Ruckus46Gt said:
the problem with just going to a supercharger is you open up a can of worms. You car will run great for a little but almost everyone with a blower at some point has blown there motor. I dont care how good of a tune etc. You still are going to end up getting the rest of the bolt on's so why not due it first when you are paying off the car, and figuring what path you want to go with the car.

I don't know where you got your info from, but there are many many many many, did I say MANY, blown stangs putting on TONS of miles, with no trouble whatsoever on their stock motors.

My car was paid off before ANY mods were done to it. I'm an impatient person, so I got blown first. No complaints here.