Winter Project already begun...(pics inside)

fiveohwblow

Official Member
Jul 21, 2005
Ok so the winter project of heads, cam, intake, polish here, spit shine there, roller rockers, timing chain, injectors...yada yada yada has begun as of yesterday. Just wanted to post some pics as I was satisfied with the progress we made yesterday. Dont really know what all I am going to do, but this sure is FUN!!! :nice:

Starting...
cimg0521fh3.jpg

Next...
cimg0528ab7.jpg

Third Pic
cimg0533ny5.jpg

Fourth Pic
cimg0537ex7.jpg

And Last for Now...
cimg0555ik5.jpg

Thats the last for now as of Saturday October 14. Should be tearing a bit more into it tomorrow and have everything off of there. Not bad for about 6 hours or work...:shrug:

Ok just a few more pics from October the 15th after a few more hours of work and some help from black 93 fox....
cimg0561sw4.jpg

Here's Andy and I workin the headers out from under the car
cimg0563jr5.jpg

And at the stopping point for the afternoon. All bare cam out and all. Now its assembly and detail time...
cimg0571ba3.jpg

UPDATE 1-28-2007
Old man and I went to town in it again, getting what we could done in about three hours... Its comin along...
cimg1125ob9.jpg
cimg1126hh2.jpg
cimg1127pn4.jpg
cimg1129mv4.jpg
cimg1130pt5.jpg

Attachments

• cimg0521fh3.jpg
    cimg0521fh3.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 69
  • cimg0528ab7.jpg
    cimg0528ab7.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 52
  • cimg0533ny5.jpg
    cimg0533ny5.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 51
  • cimg0537ex7.jpg
    cimg0537ex7.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 50
  • cimg0555ik5.jpg
    cimg0555ik5.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 46
  • cimg0561sw4.jpg
    cimg0561sw4.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 48
  • cimg0563jr5.jpg
    cimg0563jr5.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 47
  • cimg0571ba3.jpg
    cimg0571ba3.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 41
  • cimg1125ob9.jpg
    cimg1125ob9.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 49
  • cimg1126hh2.jpg
    cimg1126hh2.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 46
  • cimg1127pn4.jpg
    cimg1127pn4.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 48
  • cimg1129mv4.jpg
    cimg1129mv4.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 49
  • cimg1130pt5.jpg
    cimg1130pt5.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 50
  • Sponsors (?)

Corey- Thanks so much. We are definitely having a good time, I sure am bummed he doesn’t live closer. I remember what you had said to me about your ole man and I respect your wisdom. I am enjoying every minute of it.

John- Thanks so much for the offer!!! I just might take you up on that! Pretty sure I want to hide the wires and the vacuum tree. I really do appreciate the stangnet community and all they offer each other.

I will keep you guys updated with the progress...

Ok well just let me know, i'm redoing mine again also just going a diffrent route i talked to your mail man today that your dad was talking to about some stuff. If you havent seen mine from last year ask him how it looks. peace

john:p

wifesweetstang said:
didnt look like you got far to me:shrug: ... Jeesh I would of had twice the stuff done in that amount of time.. what did you get sidetracked and go to the track to see

ME?

:p :p

It was nice seeing your dad.. hes cool people!! next time RACE MY CAR!!!:D
Yeah Yeah YEAH I know you *ahughhh JEFF ahughhh* always is very speedy when getting your car done but we my dear are mere amateurs... Very soon I hope to be the expert with the help of some loyal stangnetters... Esp Andy thus far!:nice:

I will tell the ole man you enjoyed laughing at him ;) And I am NOT racing your car as you will end up with NO TRANNY in the vehicle. You and I both know 2nd is gone, or at least the synchros so there is no way Justin pulls the pin on that Grenade! Let your "man" do that one. If he would quit checkin out guys butts he could have actually driven for ya! You might wanna ask him about that one...:rlaugh:

Oh and BTW I updated some pics up there with the progress....

Juiced87Notch said:
so wich h/c/i ? :D
Well I already had the Cobra upper/GT40 lower intake but I want to do some polishing and hopefully porting if it seems viable. The heads are trick flow with upgraded springs. Comp camps pro magnum 1.6 RR's and lifters, FRPP timing chain, FRPP 42 lb injectors, and Ed Curtis cam... Of course many other misc items but no need to list em all...:nice:

fiveohwblow said:
Well I already had the Cobra upper/GT40 lower intake but I want to do some polishing and hopefully porting if it seems viable. The heads are trick flow with upgraded springs. Comp camps pro magnum 1.6 RR's and lifters, FRPP timing chain, FRPP 42 lb injectors, and Ed Curtis cam... Of course many other misc items but no need to list em all...:nice:
sweet :D

charged9250 said:
Yup time to hide everything in the fenders, and polish all your aluminum stuff. Its so much fun!!! :D
So true but I am just getting so anxious! I have waited thus far, I had better just take my time... Ordered a bit more today, one step closer to completion...:D

Hey, your starting to look alot like your ole man:D

How much further did you get after installing the heads, lower on? Justin are you doing the polish work as well?

Lookin like my ole man!??!!?:bang: :p Well I have just had a block sittin in the car for the last two months, so we installed the cam along with the timing gear, the lifters, and the heads themselves. Just a few small steps, but he should be coming over sometime in Feb and we can finish it once and for all!

As for the polishing, yes I have done some myself, but I have a ways to go to finish all the polishing... Slowly but surely! Anything up your sleeve from the winter?