Wiring Harness For 66 Coupe

Kkroeker

Jun 14, 2015
What complete wiring harness are people using to replace a completely dysfunctional factory loom? Wires are brittle now if I move them, they snap off and almost impossible to patch.

I want to upgrade to allow for more modern setup, this is not going to be a concourse car. Like stronger lights, modern radio and amps and fog lights.

American autowire had something that looked promising, except the fuse box mounts on the firewall where the a/c lines go through. They even say not comparable with A/C, factory or not.

Painless seams to have some but don't know much about them.

Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

If you want a prebuilt harness that is exactly like the factory harness just brand new, that is one thing. If you want a harness that is a universal and you can rewire the whole care, that is another thing. What would you prefer ?

I'd like to follow the factory wire path and not have to worry about sourcing all the correct connections terminations or have to think much on where to pull the wires. I struggle enough when pulling speaker wire. I guess that would mean a factory style harness.
Was the AC included in the factory harness or on a separate circuit and I might need a pigtail for it?
Sorry for the uneducated questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure on the 66. On my 67 the AC was part of the harness. I think the 65-66 had the under dash AC unit instead of it being integrated. If it has that, it might be a secondary harness.

I think NPD offers a factory style harness. Painless does too and their products are good but tend to be a bit expensive.

Its been a while since I researched this stuff and a LOT of new products are available these days. It sounds like what you want is something that will be a direct fit replacement

I used paineless and did a full rewire. They are pricey but worth it in my opinion. All the wires are numbered and stamped with where it is coming from and where it is going to all along the length or the wire. They are specific to your car and have extra wires for popular upgrades such as electric fans, Ac units etc. The fuse box mounts where the original mounted and then there is a main fuse that mounts to the front of the passenger shock tower.