Wouldn't Ya Know It, High School '89 Gt Look Alike Nearby

• Sponsors (?)

Nice house BTW,...Through my astute powers of observation, I can tell from the oil spot where the Charger sits/has sat.
You should change it's name to Valdeez.

That is actually just water run off from the A/C on my wife's minivan, smarty pants. I had it running and moved it for the pic and to shuffle the Mustang into the garage. The Charger is solid. Of all my cars, my Explorer is the oil dripper.

but wanted @tannerc91gt to have his closure!
Finally someone thinking about MY needs! Lol
I hate 2 tone cars in every variety but something about the old ____\titanium combo I love. I guess from owning my ultra blue car. My friend had one the color of yours, we used to run around town racing each other over and over.
Glad you were able to buy it man, really cool

Buy a scanner and run codes also. They are pretty much mandatory with these cars. If the car isn't fairly crisp above 3500 you may have an issue. A tune up ie plugs,wires,etc would be wise anyways.

And congrats on the purchase.

Buy a scanner and run codes also. They are pretty much mandatory with these cars. If the car isn't fairly crisp above 3500 you may have an issue. A tune up ie plugs,wires,etc would be wise anyways.

And congrats on the purchase.
The reason it isn't "fairly crisp" above 3500, may be due to navel lint.
It is after all a 5.0 we're talking about here,......I'd start there.

Lift your shirt Nick,...check for any dirt/debris/lint that may be cluttering up your belly button, clean it out, and you should be good to go.

Then rush out and buy a CAI,...an OR H pipe, throw on some Flows,...pop a VH cassette in your factory head unit, and go for a drive....get a ball cap, turn it backwards and smile...reveling in your newly purchased slice of red and silver cherry pie sameness.....

I'm so Jelly.

Let's sing!

:banana: "So, let's make the most of this beautiful day.
Since we're together we might as well say:
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
So where the daytime clean up pics under hood and in interior?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well here are some daylight pics from work. I filled her full of fresh gas and am running it through. Cleaning the MAF helped, but its still rough up high. Im pretty sure the HB is to blame, but havent taken the time to look and see if the rubber is coming out of the factory HB. Anyway, here are some pics I snapped.

20161107_121043.jpg
20161107_120623-1.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks guys. Not gonna lie, I am really enjoying it in stock form. Of course it needs some things, such as WTF was Ford thinking with the brakes? I could put my feet down on the ground and stop it faster... But big brakes means 5 lug swap and new wheels, which means drop, which means lower control arms and bye bye quad shocks, which = what, $4k or so? So yeah, its just going down the road with humming front bearings, plenty of following distance, and a few interior upgrades until next summer if I can even find the means to begin all of that by then. But hey, I have my high school car back, so party on Wayne!

Reactions: 1 users
After looking at my interior pic on the computer, its pretty clear the carpet needs a thorough scrub as well. It isnt torn anywhere, and doesnt look as bad in person, so I think a good scrubbing should help it look darn near new again. We shall see. Unfortunately for me, my garage lacks heat, and this warm November weather is only going to last so much longer.

Thanks guys. Not gonna lie, I am really enjoying it in stock form. Of course it needs some things, such as WTF was Ford thinking with the brakes? I could put my feet down on the ground and stop it faster... But big brakes means 5 lug swap and new wheels, which means drop, which means lower control arms and bye bye quad shocks, which = what, $4k or so? So yeah, its just going down the road with humming front bearings, plenty of following distance, and a few interior upgrades until next summer if I can even find the means to begin all of that by then. But hey, I have my high school car back, so party on Wayne!
Congrats on getting the car. As far as the brakes go, @Noobz347 has a good recipe for stock style brakes, if memory serves me correctly.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd 5-lug swap it, put a shiftee in, and drive it as is with some restoration as well.

5-lug cobra setup and 10th anniversary wheels and that thing would be the monkeys tatas

I'd 5-lug swap it, put a shiftee in, and drive it as is with some restoration as well.

5-lug cobra setup and 10th anniversary wheels and that thing would be the monkeys tatas

I have my interior restoration parts already, along with a firewall adjuster and quadrant, just arrived today from LMR. Only thing I am missing is door seals and floor mats. They will be the next purchase along with a shifter and MM SFCs. From there it will be cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning the interior and touching a couple discolored pieces with interior paint. Then I will have to really come into some disposable income.

Anthracite 10th anniversary wheels used to be my favorite wheel on both SN's and Foxes, but they just dont seem quite right against the titanium lower paint I have on this car. I found a pic on Google of someone's car that had them with my paint, and it clashed to me. Most likely I will end up with SN spindles, 13" Cobra brakes, rear 5 lug swap with 11" discs, Cobra MC, braided lines, coil overs, MM rear lowers, stock uppers, and top it off with some really nice wheels. I figure this is my golden child, I am going to treat her right.

After I swap the harmonic balancers with the Pioneer unit I have on hand, my hopes are that the higher RPM vibration will be gone, and I can just enjoy the stock engine set up for the next couple years while I get the car back in tip top shape around it.

Reactions: 1 user