Wouldn't Ya Know It, High School '89 Gt Look Alike Nearby

I pick the car up Friday. That didnt stop me from completing my first LMR purchase though. May as well have things arriving promptly. On order is interior kick plates, new gauge cluster glass, driver's door lock switch, and a firewall adjuster and quadrant. Forgot my floor mats, but that is ok. The more boxes that show up randomly the more entertaining my home life remains! Jokes aside, I am going to try to get my young sons to help me with these small repairs and see if they show interest. My 3 year has on other projects, but they have been things he cant really do anything but watch. With kick panels and such, he can try to run the screw driver for me. I am really hoping this car is the beginning of a lot of memories made that they some day fondly look back upon.
Man, i'm happy for you Nick.

My 16 year old just wants me to have a running mustang so he can have my truck.

Good for you homeboy!

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Well the better half found out about my purchase tonight, and lets just say it didnt go over well. I am good about my finances, and after explaining what I have already done and what is left to do (get the Explorer sold), we have at least worked our way out of divorce talks, lol. Buuuut, that is as far as we have made it. Update to come, when I can post a pic of the car at my house. :)
My method prevents any arguments, i don't tell her anything about it, build it somewhere that's not home, and then surprise her with a bright shiny car.

I haven't quite gotten to the surprise her stage yet, i'll let you know how that plays out.:chair:

My method prevents any arguments, i don't tell her anything about it, build it somewhere that's not home, and then surprise her with a bright shiny car.

I haven't quite gotten to the surprise her stage yet, i'll let you know how that plays out.:chair:

Well my plan was to show up at home with the car (remotely bright and shiney), but she intercepted my mail with a $1K check and knew I was up to something. Had to come clean so as not to be labeled a liar on Friday when I arrive with "what I was up to."

Man you guys buying new (to you) Mustangs are making me jealous. I've been looking at the same one for 20 years and wanted another to play with. Just to test my wife, I pulled up CL and found a nice new edge convertible for sale. I showed the wife and asked her if I could buy it. Her exact words were "Sure, I don't care".

I almost took that and ran with it, but it was an automatic. :(

Really getting the itch for a 2nd Mustang, and you guys aren't helping! :)

Reactions: 1 users
A little fun after a long day at the office. The President of my company said my Charger couldnt spin the 285's more than a few feet, so I had to find out for myself in the street his window faces. This is over the top of the 2011's, hence the title of the video.

View: https://youtu.be/ONmTu9JyUq4

Kids these days,.....:nonono:

Everybody here knows that a burnout is equivalent to running up to the starting line. Lets see what it does from idle.
Not that i don't think it'll spin the tires,...especially if you turn off traction contol,.... I'm just curious to see what falls off the car when you keep beating it.

Man you guys buying new (to you) Mustangs are making me jealous. I've been looking at the same one for 20 years and wanted another to play with. Just to test my wife, I pulled up CL and found a nice new edge convertible for sale. I showed the wife and asked her if I could buy it. Her exact words were "Sure, I don't care".

I almost took that and ran with it, but it was an automatic. :(

Really getting the itch for a 2nd Mustang, and you guys aren't helping! :)
Do yourself a favor and buy a 11-14 coyote. The new body style has driven the prices down and they run like hell with just a CAI and a tune. I have sticky 305s on mine and they still break loose at will. It's fun to drive, I just got 24 mpg coming home from Dallas, and it's a nice car. You should be able to find one in good shape for well under 20k.

Reactions: 2 users
Do yourself a favor and buy a 11-14 coyote. The new body style has driven the prices down and they run like hell with just a CAI and a tune. I have sticky 305s on mine and they still break loose at will. It's fun to drive, I just got 24 mpg coming home from Dallas, and it's a nice car. You should be able to find one in good shape for well under 20k.

As much as I'd like that. Can't float 3 car payments, a mortgage, some home renovations and a kid in day care at the same time.

Day care alone is $1200/month :(

As much as I'd like that. Can't float 3 car payments, a mortgage, some home renovations and a kid in day care at the same time.

Day care alone is $1200/month :(

Ouch. Only 1 way to cool down that kind of pain.
giphy.gif

Reactions: 6 users
That's rough for just one kid! Here in the good ol' midwest, daycare for 3 kids is about $1200 a month. Thank the lord for school 9 months of the year!

Yeah, thank northeast living for that one. The only saving grace for us is that we didn't have kids til mid 30's. Allowed us to be a bit more financially secure. Prob the main reason why I still have a Mustang in the garage.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, thank northeast living for that one. The only saving grace for us is that we didn't have kids til mid 30's. Allowed us to be a bit more financially secure. Prob the main reason why I still have a Mustang in the garage.

I hear you on the daycare. Mine is about $600 per month, per kid. As of now I have one in school, so only pay $100 per month for his before/after school care. Come March, I will have a baby and a toddler both full time, so I am not too excited about that. If I were you looking for another Mustang, I dont know that I would pick a new edge unless its a 03-04 Cobra, or a Mach 1. The interior on them sucks, and the only way I could stand all the squeaks and rattles is if I had something cooler than just a GT. Also just my opinion, but I dont like to have two of any same model of car. Even though they are different, I just feel one takes the appeal from the other. When your toys are completely different, they scratch different itches. That is what I have figured out with having a turbo Subaru and a Mustang, or now having the Dodge and a Mustang. For the record though, there aint never gonna be no damn bow tie in my garage or driveway. ;)

20161104_183300-1.jpg
These headlights bring back so many memories of my brothers' LX from their high school years. The cool thing to do was roll around with only the parking lights on, even in their 4 cyl, lol. Man, you guys dont know how excited I am to be back in this car!

Reactions: 4 users
Nice ride buddy-how's it drive?

It runs really well up to about 3500 rpms, then seems to drop off and be off balance a bit. I happen to have a new pioneer harmonic balancer I had bought for the '95 a few years ago and never used, so I may install it and see if it helps. The front wheel bearings are shot, and start moaning around 45-50 mph, but I knew that from the test drive. I plan to clean the MAF, check the plugs and replace them if needed, delete the smog pump and run a short belt, and throw a new catted H on it to see if that helps. It still has the factory catted mid pipe, so those f*ckers are bound to be clogged.

Reactions: 2 users