Progress Thread “Rising from Ashes 8” 02 Saleen Extreme #23 build

Bodymen love tight gaps

now just to compare. This is the ford 99-04 body line as seen on this 2,000 mile car at a show. They are all like this too

Reactions: 1 user
Almost there.
Fenders aligned to doors and hood
Hood aligned to fenders and gaps sets.
Hood lift struts installed
Saleen bumper letter applied and done.
Side skirts installed and done.

Reactions: 2 users
No good deed goes unpunished. I reward this car. A 20k mile car with a killer paintjob and how does it reward me. The stock fuel pump takes a dump and it wont even move now. Same thing happened on my 3k mile mach 1. I knew these 99-04 GT cars had junk pumps anyway.
So I just have to move up a phase that was planned for down the road. Swapping in a low mile 03/4 baffled/dual pump cobra tank. And while Im at it the tank cover and stainless straps I use on a lot of my builds. I already did the exhaust, now with the fuel upgraded. I’ll do a little engine tweaking and see if we cant hit a fun 500 horse.

Reactions: 1 users
New Motorcraft fuel filter came in today so I swapped it in and fired the car with the new pumps. It loved the fuel and fired better than it ever has. Next is chemical scrubbing/pressure washing of the wheel wells and sanding so I can black them out nice. There was a ton of California filth that came off these

Knocked the splash shields out…..

Which means the Extreme is All done and moving back in the museum of paint perfection.

But not to fret. There will be more details and fun ahead. My builds are never done….done would be too boring.

Reactions: 2 users