Mach 1 '0 and '04 owners, how many miles per gallon does your Mach 1 get?

hotrodnut

Member
Jul 12, 2004
672
0
17
North Florida
BurlyStang said:
. . . . . . I do think I'm in need of a slight tune adjustment. Been thinking about a Predator :shrug:

. . . .. I'm hoping that there is a Diablo download for that; otherwise, a Predator is not going to be worth the $. :shrug:
I would think the Diablo tune would be great with what you have, they recommend using Amoco, Sunoco or Mobil gas, so if you have access to one of those then you should be good to go. :nice:
 
  • Sponsors(?)


Give Me TP

Member
Jun 17, 2004
936
0
16
Republic of Texas
The Predator tune should work down to 91 octane without requiring much adjustment. As a rule I use Chevron 93 octane and Predator tunes have always performed well in my case.
 

Jim Dandy

New Member
Apr 15, 2004
28
0
0
Shangri La
www.tardblog.com
hotrodnut said:
I would think the Diablo tune would be great with what you have, they recommend using Amoco, Sunoco or Mobil gas, so if you have access to one of those then you should be good to go. :nice:
There's no guarantee that gasoline purchased at a particular station is that brand or even produced to any specific standard; i.e. not much difference in gasoline from 7-11 and gasoline from Amoco/Sunoco/Texaco/Citgo/Phillips/Conoco/Chevron.
 

BurlyStang

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2000
636
1
17
Lubbock, TX
Visit site
Thx on the props for the Predator, It seems like a wise investment.

Thanks a lot though, I was trying not to catch the mod bug with this Mustang. You know what happens when you start..... :drool:

But you know once you have the Predator, you can tune mods yourself. OK, I've said it. I've admitted I have a problem. Now where is that Predator website? :D
 

hotrodnut

Member
Jul 12, 2004
672
0
17
North Florida
Jim Dandy said:
There's no guarantee that gasoline purchased at a particular station is that brand or even produced to any specific standard; i.e. not much difference in gasoline from 7-11 and gasoline from Amoco/Sunoco/Texaco/Citgo/Phillips/Conoco/Chevron.
Don't shoot the messenger fella', just relaying what the instructions for the Predator says.
If what you say has strength, then why is Amoco "clearly" the difference and the others have a brown tint, if all came from the same place like you say I guess they add food coloring when dropping it in the tanks :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:
 

Jim Dandy

New Member
Apr 15, 2004
28
0
0
Shangri La
www.tardblog.com
hotrodnut said:
Don't shoot the messenger fella', just relaying what the instructions for the Predator says.
If what you say has strength, then why is Amoco "clearly" the difference and the others have a brown tint, if all came from the same place like you say I guess they add food coloring when dropping it in the tanks
That's just not true. I'm glad you're easily sucked in by slick ad campaigns though. Now I know where to invest my 401K.
 

hotrodnut

Member
Jul 12, 2004
672
0
17
North Florida
Jim Dandy said:
That's just not true. I'm glad you're easily sucked in by slick ad campaigns though. Now I know where to invest my 401K.
You still didn't explain why the different colors of fuel if they are all the same?? Come on man, I know you can do it . . . . by the way I have been a dealer for racing fuel and there are differences in specific gravity, octane, etc., etc., and from reading your posts I can tell you know more than anyone on here so please tell me why the differences in Phillips vs Union 76 vs Sunoco racing unleaded and I still want to know from you why Amoco non-racing gas is clear and the others are colored but they come from the same place as YOU say?? :shrug:
 

Jim Dandy

New Member
Apr 15, 2004
28
0
0
Shangri La
www.tardblog.com
hotrodnut said:
You still didn't explain why the different colors of fuel if they are all the same?? Come on man, I know you can do it . . . . by the way I have been a dealer for racing fuel and there are differences in specific gravity, octane, etc., etc., and from reading your posts I can tell you know more than anyone on here so please tell me why the differences in Phillips vs Union 76 vs Sunoco racing unleaded and I still want to know from you why Amoco non-racing gas is clear and the others are colored but they come from the same place as YOU say?? :shrug:
I do not use racing fuel, therefore I am not discussing it.

If there is a REAL difference in identical grades of pump gas -- and there's not -- then I'd say you have grounds for a claim with the state authorities that who regulate that since they're all supposed to be produced to the same standards. Colors may well be caused by the storage tanks, pumps, or hoses. As a racing fuel dealer, I'm sure you knew all of this.

I'm happy to know you're a racing fuels salesman. You don't know how THRILLED I am. I'm sure you were probably selling oil changes at Wal Mart last week, hence your very high level of sophistication.

Maybe you should spend a little time at a refinery someday.
 

hotrodnut

Member
Jul 12, 2004
672
0
17
North Florida
Jim Dandy said:
I do not use racing fuel, therefore I am not discussing it.

If there is a REAL difference in identical grades of pump gas -- and there's not -- then I'd say you have grounds for a claim with the state authorities that who regulate that since they're all supposed to be produced to the same standards. Colors may well be caused by the storage tanks, pumps, or hoses. As a racing fuel dealer, I'm sure you knew all of this.

I'm happy to know you're a racing fuels salesman. You don't know how THRILLED I am. I'm sure you were probably selling oil changes at Wal Mart last week, hence your very high level of sophistication.

Maybe you should spend a little time at a refinery someday.
I didn't say you used racing fuel and don't care, if you could understand what you read, you would have seen it as a subject pertaining to fuels not what is used on the street. If you would have read on, there was a statement just for you about non-racing gas. From the way you rampaged on about me and racing fuel you sound as though you have a problem (jealousy?) with people who may have done something with their life besides go on forums and bully everyone who posts about a subject that you don't know crap about, . . . what's up with you anyway??? :shrug:

I do have a claim as I have used the "clear" gas for years and when I did it was clear, not colored by whatever references you made for coloring. :rlaugh: Although most gasoline is refined to some point as equal, when it does find its way to different refineries for individual distribution to the big brand name suppliers, there are differences between the gasolines at station X versus the gasoline at station Y. Mainly with the amounts of additives that those companies add to the gasoline before it gets to their pumps.

Some refineries distribute to different brand dealers, but there is no broad blanket of all gas is the same as in your statement. Without getting into naming different brands for comparison, it is known that the different brands do outnumber the refineries but still brands do differ from one group to the other. Even the 7-eleven you mentioned has a top name brand supplier for its supply of gas and is currently investigating blending their own personal brew to meet what they consider their own high quality demands. If all gasoline was the same then why bother, huh?

Some fuels are stored in different types and sizes, as well as locations, of tanks, therefore the effects of that can change the consistency and purity of given fuels as well as the moisture content. Therefore, that alone can make for the differences of gasoline.

Gasoline is formulated as to its optimum antiknock qualities, oxidation stability, etc. for specific climates and geographic areas throughout our country, which again blows your theory of all gasoline is the same. Not all manufactures see eye to eye on what is needed for all the different locations they distribute.

You do understand that sulfur, lead and benzene content differs in requirements of different manufacturers of gasoline as well as copper corrosion, oxidation stability, distillation and other pertinent specifications that is met by them?

From my experience with Diablo Sport, I do believe they have done the research necessary to recommend the gasoline types to use with their products before they printed it. This assures them that their customers are getting the most possible performance out of the product they are selling to them. It is highly unlikely they would receive any royalties for their doing so, being they are not a big enough factor of demographics to effect the petroleum industries billion dollar business.

As for you and your comments towards my knowledge and what I do for a living, you haven't a clue, so keep your speculation to yourself and learn to read and comprehend what you read before making posts on forums that you have no reason to be posting on besides trying to make yourself seem bigger in your own eyes. :notnice:
 

Give Me TP

Member
Jun 17, 2004
936
0
16
Republic of Texas
An easier reply in German:

Rufen Sie nur ihn, was er ist. ....a DOUCHEBAG, der ungefähr ebenso fähig ist schikanierend von irgendjemanden als ein nasser Stablappen.
 

djlethalwang

New Member
Nov 18, 2004
138
0
0
35
Amarillo, TX
Give Me TP said:
Uh, here's a guaranteed way to increase gas mileage by 15.5% - put 4.10 gears in a '03-'04 Mach 1.

Hmm.... that doesn't seem to make sense. Increase gas mileage by putting in a higher gear ratio? :scratch: ..... explain
 

Give Me TP

Member
Jun 17, 2004
936
0
16
Republic of Texas
That was a joke put in there for the benefit of the TOOL

Compared to stock rear gears, without a speedometer/odometer correction by means of a flash tuner or SpeedCal, 4.10s will make your odometer read 15% more mileage than your actual mileage.....an instant, apparent mileage increase by playing with numbers.
 

djlethalwang

New Member
Nov 18, 2004
138
0
0
35
Amarillo, TX
Definitely original..... never heard or read about anyone saying that they actually got better gas mileage from higher gears....... damn, if that was only true, or say if the gas mileage just stayed the same :cheers:
 

Jim Dandy

New Member
Apr 15, 2004
28
0
0
Shangri La
www.tardblog.com
What a dunce.......

hotrodnut said:
I didn't say you used racing fuel and don't care, if you could understand what you read, you would have seen it as a subject pertaining to fuels not what is used on the street. If you would have read on, there was a statement just for you about non-racing gas. From the way you rampaged on about me and racing fuel you sound as though you have a problem (jealousy?) with people who may have done something with their life besides go on forums and bully everyone who posts about a subject that you don't know crap about, . . . what's up with you anyway???

I do have a claim as I have used the "clear" gas for years and when I did it was clear, not colored by whatever references you made for coloring. Although most gasoline is refined to some point as equal, when it does find its way to different refineries for individual distribution to the big brand name suppliers, there are differences between the gasolines at station X versus the gasoline at station Y. Mainly with the amounts of additives that those companies add to the gasoline before it gets to their pumps.

Some refineries distribute to different brand dealers, but there is no broad blanket of all gas is the same as in your statement. Without getting into naming different brands for comparison, it is known that the different brands do outnumber the refineries but still brands do differ from one group to the other. Even the 7-eleven you mentioned has a top name brand supplier for its supply of gas and is currently investigating blending their own personal brew to meet what they consider their own high quality demands. If all gasoline was the same then why bother, huh?

Some fuels are stored in different types and sizes, as well as locations, of tanks, therefore the effects of that can change the consistency and purity of given fuels as well as the moisture content. Therefore, that alone can make for the differences of gasoline.

Gasoline is formulated as to its optimum antiknock qualities, oxidation stability, etc. for specific climates and geographic areas throughout our country, which again blows your theory of all gasoline is the same. Not all manufactures see eye to eye on what is needed for all the different locations they distribute.

You do understand that sulfur, lead and benzene content differs in requirements of different manufacturers of gasoline as well as copper corrosion, oxidation stability, distillation and other pertinent specifications that is met by them?

From my experience with Diablo Sport, I do believe they have done the research necessary to recommend the gasoline types to use with their products before they printed it. This assures them that their customers are getting the most possible performance out of the product they are selling to them. It is highly unlikely they would receive any royalties for their doing so, being they are not a big enough factor of demographics to effect the petroleum industries billion dollar business.

As for you and your comments towards my knowledge and what I do for a living, you haven't a clue, so keep your speculation to yourself and learn to read and comprehend what you read before making posts on forums that you have no reason to be posting on besides trying to make yourself seem bigger in your own eyes.
Perhaps you suffer from some sort of learning disability or mental defect. Or maybe you just can't read, but what is difficult to understand about this:

There's no guarantee that gasoline purchased at a particular station is that brand or even produced to any specific standard; i.e. not much difference in gasoline from 7-11 and gasoline from Amoco/Sunoco/Texaco/Citgo/Phillips/Conoco/Chevron.

Huh? What's so difficult to understand? I realize you may well have trouble articulating a proper answer, but please try.

If you HONESTLY believe that one brand of gasoline is better than another, then you're much dumber than I originally thought (and that's pretty DUMB). You do understand that each manufacturer/refiner has to meet federal and state standards for gasoline, don't you?

I have no need to make myself "bigger" in anyone's eyes, though I can assure you I am MUCH larger than life. As long as you understand that, you'll be fine. :owned:
 

hotrodnut

Member
Jul 12, 2004
672
0
17
North Florida
Jim Dandy said:
Perhaps you suffer from some sort of learning disability or mental defect. Or maybe you just can't read, but what is difficult to understand about this:

There's no guarantee that gasoline purchased at a particular station is that brand or even produced to any specific standard; i.e. not much difference in gasoline from 7-11 and gasoline from Amoco/Sunoco/Texaco/Citgo/Phillips/Conoco/Chevron.

Huh? What's so difficult to understand? I realize you may well have trouble articulating a proper answer, but please try.

If you HONESTLY believe that one brand of gasoline is better than another, then you're much dumber than I originally thought (and that's pretty DUMB). You do understand that each manufacturer/refiner has to meet federal and state standards for gasoline, don't you?

I have no need to make myself "bigger" in anyone's eyes, though I can assure you I am MUCH larger than life. As long as you understand that, you'll be fine. :owned:
Making personal attacks at someone on the internet doesn't help your getting anyone to listen to what you have to say . . . . :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
prae_21 How many miles did fellow GT owners get from their stock Pirelli 18" tires? 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- 13
jmoore16 Poll for GT500 Owners? How many miles so far? 2007 - 2014 Shelby GT500 Tech 18
M New Owner Many Issues. Help!!!! SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 3
R Hi. About to be new 76 owner. Many Questions 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech 9
2002boss Mach 1 How many Mach1 Owners are going to the Mustang 45th Anniv show in on 4/15-17/09 Special Production 6
The Whistler How Many GTS Owners Here? 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 35
T-Sho How Many V8 Stang Owners Will Admit It? 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- 37
Cobain03 How many classic owners have a newer stang? 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- 29
R Roush how many 4 eye Saleen owners do we have here? Special Production 42
05BlackV6 How many of you V6 owners..... 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- 8
N How many GT owners are saving for the Shelby? 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- 1
Jkstang78 How many lightning owners here SVT Tech Forum 1
T Old lover new owner The Welcome Wagon 2
gajos New Member and Mach 1 owner The Welcome Wagon 7
J New '65 convertible owner The Welcome Wagon 4
A New member from Ontario Canada, owner of a 2020 Mustang GT 2015+ (S550) Mustang -General/Talk 1
R Canadian 77 owner The Welcome Wagon 4
A New fox owner, idle issues need some advice Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 14
S Old Foxbody owner looking to own again. The Welcome Wagon 4
I New Mustang Owner Here The Welcome Wagon 2
M Help please new mustang owner 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- 2
0 New to the Forum, new s197 owner from So-Co The Welcome Wagon 2
mustangmccance Foxbody owner from Iowa The Welcome Wagon 14
B Possible new owner 4th gen What is it Worth?!?!? 6
W Drivetrain Hello from a new Fox Body owner in Florida! Looking for advice on Immediate things to address re: steering, radiator, seat Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 19
1 For Sale Original 1992 5.0 Owners Manual packet - Complete Packet Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) 0
V Wheels-Tires 2015 Mustang owners. Any complaints so far? 2015+ (S550) Mustang -General/Talk 1
R 66 coupe owner from Wisconsin The Welcome Wagon 1
A Yet Another Cracked Aqua Dashpad Owner Searching For a Solution 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- 0
sixfourstang New to the group, 64 1/2 Mustang owner 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- 12
C New mustang owner The Welcome Wagon 3
0 New Owner Here The Welcome Wagon 3
E New stang 2001gt owner, need some help SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 3
M '05 to '09 V6 Mustang / Explorer Owners Using " X- Charger " kits ( Explorer Express ) 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- 2
Eilermoon 2003 GT Convertible Owner - New to StangNet! The Welcome Wagon 1
Z New Owner of A 02 GT need help getting more power 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- 10
M I really wasn't expecting this....... First time Mustang owner....... 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- 6
P Info for 05-09 Mustang GT owners who have experienced total power loss (dead stalls) after 1-2 hours of hwy driving 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- 1
G New Wisconsin Fox Owner The Welcome Wagon 5
R New Mustang owner The Welcome Wagon 1
Novajess1972 01 Bullitt Owner The Welcome Wagon 2
C Electrical New fox body owner little worried Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 29
1 First time Mustang Owner The Welcome Wagon 1
M New mustang owner! The Welcome Wagon 3
G 1969 Mustang owners Classic Mustang Specific Tech 6
C Hello from new mystichrome owner!!! The Welcome Wagon 1
L 2nd time Stang owner The Welcome Wagon 2
B 2011 Owner - But New Here The Welcome Wagon 1
Habu135 Progress Thread "12th Owner": My '93 Notchback Progress Thread 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 455
a_bartle Boot question for Convertible owners... 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- 1
Similar threads