01 Gt Dash Light Issue

Clarkgt

Feb 20, 2017
I have a 2001 gt convertible I just purchased. Previous owner installed aftermarket radio and cut the factory wiring harness out. I have the head unit all wired up now and working correctly. But I have no dash lights. I can take the light blue/ red wire and connect to a 12v power wire and get dash lights. My issue is I'm not sure where to connect the wire to so that it works like it is suppose to with the headlight switch and dimmer.

• Sponsors (?)

Just wondering..............

Have you checked the fuses? Especially fuse F2.37 in the Central Junction Box (CJB)?

After the fuse itself is confirmed OK, then confirm there is +12 volts with the parking lights on coming INTO the fuse. Use a KNOWN good ground for the test.

If no voltage suspect a bad head light switch.

If voltage, suspect a wiring problem or double check your work.

1999-2004 fuse panel schedule:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...r-swap-wont-fire-please-help.html#post2669271

replace your head light switch i had the same prob not to long ago, the oem switch tends to get hot and melt , when you take it out look at it closely you will more than likely see a hot spot on it, mine started with cluster lights dimming from time to time then head lights and cluster went out